Rebecca Steingiesser is an experienced dual-doctoral trained Consultant Clinical Psychologist & Clinical Neuropsychologist. She is a member of the Australian Psychological Society and is dual licensed as Clinical Psychologist and Clinical Neuropsychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) Psychology Board of Australia and Dubai Health Authority (DHA). She completed her undergraduate, honours and combined doctoral training at University of Western Australia. Rebecca is a board approved clinical supervisor and has provided clinical supervision of Master/PhD students on external placement as part of their post-graduate training.
Rebecca has worked in the UAE for over 5 years and has over a decade of experience working in both hospital, outpatient and private clinical settings. As a Clinical Psychologist, Rebecca has extensive experience in providing clinical therapy to children, adolescents and adults to address a broad spectrum of mental health, family and psycho-social concerns. In addition, she offers parenting support and works closely with the parents and families of all her clients as she believes establishing shared goals is imperative to achieving desired therapeutic outcomes and improving academic, social, emotional and behavioural functioning as well as general wellbeing.
Rebecca utilises a primarily Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) approach in her work but also employs play therapy principles as well as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Mindfulness based approaches in therapy. She values the use of individually tailored approaches to therapy and always takes into consideration the clients’ family, religious, cultural and personal circumstances.
As a specialist Senior Paediatric Clinical Neuropsychologist, Rebecca provides comprehensive diagnostic neuropsychological assessments for children and adolescents with neurodevelopmental, cognitive, genetic, learning or intellectual challenges. She also provides psychoeducational assessments, gifted/exceptional ability assessments, educational consultation and post-school vocational/academic planning.
Further to her individual clinical work, Rebecca works closely with schools as well as other organizations with her focus being on educating others about neuropsychology and sharing her knowledge and expertise in the field with other medical and allied health professionals. She is passionate about increasing awareness about neuropsychology as a specialist field of psychology in the UAE.
Rebecca was born in Botswana and grew up in South Africa, New Zealand and Australia. Having been raised in multiple countries with diverse cultures and raised as an expatriate for a large part of her life, she considers herself to have a good understanding of the challenges associated with relocation and cross-cultural adjustment. Rebecca describes herself as a ‘third culture kid’, with personal experience of the complexities of adjusting to new schools, developing new social networks and learning about new cultures.
Areas of expertise:
- Diagnostic Neuropsychological assessments for children and adolescents with neurodevelopmental, cognitive, genetic, learning or intellectual challenges
- Psychoeducational assessments, educational consultation and post-school vocational/academic planning
- Gifted/exceptional ability assessments
- Parenting consultation and support
- Individual therapy for children and adolescents presenting with a range of challenges including, academic, social, emotional, behavioural and familial difficulties. Including:
- Anxiety disorders
- Relationship challenges
- Social and behavioural challenges
- Career guidance and support
- Adjustment disorders – including adjustment to medical diagnoses and lifestyle changes associated.
- Stress management
- Personal growth
- Difficulties around one’s sense of self and purpose
- Special interest and training in maternal mental health and women’s mental health
Oops! We could not locate your form.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT