Dr. Witwit has completed over 23 years of professional western experience in the field of medicine and Radiology. After working across Iraq, Norway and the UK, Dr. Witwit now holds the position of a consultant radiologist. From publishing in international journals and author in “Clark’s Positioning in Radiography” to presenting Lectures at The University of Oslo and international MRI course in Bristol, Dr. Witwit‘s main priority remains to provide the best service possible for his patients.
Dr. Witwit graduated from the University of Baghdad in 1994. He then relocated to Norway where he worked. He achieved his FRCR (London/UK) qualification in 2007, Norwegian board degree in Radiology in 2008, Swedish board degree in Radiology in 2009 and CCT from UK in 2010. He was up to a Consultant Radiologist in Norway by the year 2009.
He later moved to London/UK in 2012 where he had been leading the service of cardiothoracic imaging along with CT and ultrasound guided lung and pleural biopsies/ aspirations with interest of other cross sectional imaging in adult and paediatrics, amongst another roles at Epsom and St. Helier University Hospital. In 2021 He was awarded the NHS hero award for his impacting contributions to the National Health Service in the UK during the COVID19 outbreak. His next career plans involve being a Consultant Radiologist at King’s College Hospital London in Dubai.
Dr. Witwit is fluent in English, Arabic, Norwegian and Swedish. His personal life includes two children and a passion for travel and football. His care and passion for the people around him resonates with his friends and family as well as patients. He aims for the best quality service for his patients along with the highest level of compassion.
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of Radiologists
- British Society of Head & Neck Radiology
- British Society of Pediatric Radiology
- European Society of Radiolo
- Norwegian Society of Paediatric Radiology
- Norwegian Society of Ultrasound Imaging
- Østfold Medical Association
Areas of Expertise:
- CT and MRI imaging (adult and paediatrics)
- Non-vascular interventional procedures (adult and paediatrics)
- Imaging and follow up of long covid patients.
- Imaging and follow up of patients with interstitial lung diseases with high resolution CT scans.
- Examination of solid abdominal organs with ultrasound specific intravenous contrast.
- Cardiothoracic imaging.
- Head & neck imaging.
- Musculoskeletal imaging.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT