- PhD paediatric surgery/ Uppsala University (Sweden)
- Swedish board-certified in paediatric surgery (Sweden)
- FACS Fellowship of American College of Surgeon
- FICMS Fellowship of Iraqi Commission for Medical Specialisations in Paediatric Surgery
- MBChB Bachelor of Medicine and General Surgery
- Dr Ammar worked 25 years as a Paediatric Surgeon.
- Prior to joining Kings college hospital London Dubai, Dr Ammar worked more than 12 years as a consultant paediatric surgeon at the Uppsala University Children’s Hospital in Sweden.
- He also served previously many years as a consultant and head of the paediatric surgery department in Medical city hospital in Baghdad/Iraq.
Treatments and Procedures
Dr. Ammar can perform all super major, major and minor paediatric surgery cases (urgent and elective cases) as follows:
- Neonatal surgery including’s all types of neonatal intestinal Obstruction, necrotizing enterocolitis, diaphragmatic hernia, eventration of diaphragm, oesophageal atresia with and without tracheoesophageal fistula. In addition, performing all preliminary and definitive surgeries and follow up procedures of anorectal anomalies and Hirschsprung’s disease.
- Older children surgery including acute appendicitis, inguinal hernia, intestinal obstruction, hydrocele, pyloric stenosis, perforated viscus, intussusception, Mickel’s diverticulum, splenectomy, all abdominal tumours, intestinal anomalies, sacrococcygeal teratoma, psoas abscess, intestinal duplication, Hiatus hernia, GIT bleeding cases, rectal prolapse anal fissure.
- Paediatric urology including’s Wilm’s Tumour, neuroblastoma, undescended testis and imperforate hymen.
- Receiving and management of all podiatric surgery cases in the outpatient and all urgent paediatric surgery cases in the causality.
- Management of all chronic constipation conditions in children.
In parallel with his work in paediatric surgery, Dr. Ammar is a researcher in Uppsala University in Sweden, and he have many publications that were published in well-known medical journals and continues to publish his work in peer-reviewed publications.
Organisations and Scientific Societies
Dr. Ammar is a member of several national and international professional societies like:
- Vice president of the Swedish paediatric surgery society 2014-2019.
- Representative of Sweden in UEMS (European Union of Medical Specialisation) 2014-2019.
- Member of Iraqi Medical Association since 1992.