Dr. Amr El-Zawahry received his M.B.BCH and MD from the Faculty of Medicine of Ain Shams University, Egypt where he specialised in Neonatology, Genetic, and Paediatrics in 1991. His experience in paediatrics spans more than 30 years, from 1991. He also has a post-graduate master’s Diploma in Medical Education from the UK. Additionally, Dr. Amr is an Assistant Professor in paediatrics at Sharjah University, where he lectures medical students and senior paediatric consultants from Egypt. He has conducted many clinical audits in Gastroenterology, Respiratory, and Asthmatics in infants and children.
Dr. Amr has led and organised several medical symposiums on Governmental Hospitals level in the UAE. He has also been one of the main speakers in many regional Paediatric Conferences.
Dr. Amr worked in Latifa Hospital from 2001 till 2014 where he oversaw paediatric inpatients, outpatients, emergency and critical care, and paediatric intensive care unit. Additionally, he was the director of the Paediatrics Dubai Residency Program and a member of Paediatrics Emirate Association since 2003. From 2014 to 2018, he was the head of paediatrics at Sheikh Khalifa general hospital and paediatrics consultant and became regional faculty in teaching American heart association courses before he joins King’s College Hospital Dubai in 2018.
Dr. Amr was also a teacher at the Dubai Medical College and has been the consultant clinical educator at Dubai Healthcare City since 2018.
Dr Amr’s Specialities:
- All respiratory symptoms and complaints (cough, wheezy chest, fever, allergy, skin disorders, respiratory distress, croup)
- Anaemia, growth and developmental disorders
- GIT symptoms (vomiting, diarrhoea, abdominal pain, abdominal distension, GIT bleeding)
- Bleeding disorders
- Neurological and Nutritional disorders
- All allergic condition
- Neonatal follow-up and postnatal care.
- All common medical conditions especially asthma and other respiratory diseases (Pulmonology)
- All common gastroenterology disorders
- Common allergic diseases
- Hereditary anaemia and other blood related diseases
- Common childhood diseases
- All childhood acute and chronic diseases
- Regular growth and development check – ups (OPD Clinic)
- Strong Immunization Program
- Dealing with all new-born babies that need continuous monitoring
- Care of all paediatric activities of daily life
- Initiating feeding, Encouragement of breast feeding and assisting mothers in doing so
- Common critical care cases
- High dependency Paediatric care
- Paediatric care
- Paediatric intensive care