Dr Amr El Zawahry has over 27 years’ experience in the field of paediatrics. In addition to working as a Consultant and General Paediatrician, he’s also been an Assistant Professor in Paediatrics at Sharjah University, and has led many medical symposiums and conferences at governmental hospital level. He worked as a Consultant Paediatrician in Government Hospital since 2003.
- General paediatrics
- Gastroenterology (paediatrics),
- Respiratory conditions (paediatrics)
Common symptoms Dr Amr deals with:
- All respiratory symptoms and complaints (cough, wheezy chest, fever, allergy, skin disorder, respiratory distress, croup)
- Growth and development disorder
- GIT symptoms ( vomiting , diarrhea , abdominal pain , abdominal distension , GIT bleeding )
- Bleeding disorder
- Neurological disorder
- Nutritional disorder
- All common medical conditions especially asthma and other respiratory diseases (pulmonology)
- All common gastroenterology disorders
- Common allergic disease
- Hereditary anaemia’s and other blood related diseases
- Common childhood diseases
- All acute and chronic diseases of childhood
- Regular growth and development check – ups (OPD Clinic)
- Strong Immunization Program
- Dealing with all new-born babies that needs continuous monitoring
- Care of all activities of daily living
- Initiating feeding , Encouragement of breast feeding and assisting mothers in doing so
- Common critical care cases
- High dependency pediatric care
- Pediatric care
- Pediatric intensive care
- Bachelor’s in Medicine & Surgery, Ain Shams University, Egypt
Dr El Zawahry is passionate about teaching paediatric medical students and enjoys sharing his knowledge with others. He coordinates many of the simulation courses in North Emirates, helping to ensure that the next generation of paediatric specialists are as qualified as possible for their role. He also likes to personalise each patient interaction and goes to great lengths to make sure the patient and their family are satisfied.
He is currently holding the following positions:
- Assistant professor in Sharjah university.
- Consultant clinical educator DHCC.
- Regional facility in American heart Association.
- Co-director of Paediatric Residency Program in Dubai.
- Member of Paediatric Emirates Associations