Dr. Aneela Darbar is a U.S. board-certified Neurosurgeon with 14 years of experience in dealing with complex brain and spine diseases. After graduation she completed a post-doctoral research fellowship in Neurosciences, followed by Neurosurgery residency training at the State University of New York (SUNY) at Syracuse. Following this, she completed a fellowship in minimally invasive cranial surgery in Sydney, Australia. Her second fellowship was in open skull base and vascular disease in the USA.
Before joining KCH, she served as an Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery at Saint Louis University Hospital, Missouri. In her career to date, she has performed over 2500 surgeries and procedures on the brain and spine. She has a special interest in performing minimally invasive brain surgery via smaller incisions and using an endoscope. Along with this she also specializes in performing Awake brain tumor surgery resection to preserve functional and eloquent areas of the brain. Now she is a leading Neurosurgeon in Dubai
Her principal interest is to find novel ways to use endoscopes for brain pathologies and she has authored 5 book chapters, and numerous peer-reviewed publications. She was also a teaching faculty for the surgical anatomy courses for senior neurosurgery residents, medical students and high school students in the US and continues to teach endoscopic and skull base courses internationally. She has received the Teaching and Humanitarian award at SUNY Syracuse, and the Outstanding Young Alumnus Award by Dow Graduate Association
Dr. Aneela is an avid speaker at Local and International conferences and has given more than 100 talks on Neurosurgery and on Women Empowerment, including a TedX talk about Brain mapping during complex brain tumor resections. She is the founding Chair for the Women in Neurosurgery (WIN) in Pakistan and currently serves as the Vice-Chair of WIN for Asian Congress of Neurosurgeons.
- Minimally invasive Cranial surgery
- Endoscopic and open Brain tumor resection
- Endoscopic and open Skull base surgery
- Awake Brain tumor surgery
- Pediatric Brain tumor surgery
- Endoscopic repair of CSF Leak
- Endoscopic third ventriculostomy
- Craniosynostosis surgery
- Myelomeningocele repair
- Vagal Nerve Stimulator surgery for intractable epilepsy
- All Spine traumatic and degenerative surgery including instrumentation and fusion
- Spinal cord tumor resection
- Carpal tunnel and Ulnar nerve release surgery
- Epidural, facet and transforaminal injections for back pain.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT