Dr. Ayman El-Hattab graduated from Jordan University of Science and Technology, then he continued his postgraduate education in the USA where he obtained three American Boards: the American Board of Pediatrics, the American Board of Clinical Genetics, and the American Board of Medical Biochemical Genetics (Metabolic).
Dr. Ayman El-Hattab is an Associate Professor (adjunct), Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Medicine, University of Sharjah
Dr. Ayman El-Hattab is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and Fellow of the American College of Medical Genetics. He is also a member of the American Society of Human Genetics, the European Society of Human Genetics, the Society for the Study of Inborn Errors of Metabolism, the Society for Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation.
- Bachelor Degree of Science in Medicine and Surgery, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan.
- The American Board of Pediatrics, USA.
- The American Board of Medical Genetics, Clinical Genetics, USA.
- The American Board of Medical Genetics, Medical Biochemical Genetics, USA.
Previous work experience:
- Assistant Professor of Child Health, University of Missouri Health Care, Columbia, Missouri, USA.
- Consultant, Metabolic and Clinical Genetics, Medical Genetics Section, Department of Pediatrics, The Children’s Hospital, King Fahad Medical City, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Consultant, Clinical Genetics and Metabolic, Division of Clinical Genetics and Metabolic Disorders, Pediatric Department, Tawam Hospital, Al-Ain, United Arab Emirates.
Membership in scientific societies
- Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), USA.
- Fellow of the American College of Medical Genetics (ACMG), USA.
- Member of the American Society of Human Genetics (ASHG), USA.
- Member of the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation (UMDF), USA.
- Member of the European Society of Human Genetics (ESHG), Vienna, Austria.
- Member of the Society for the Study of Inborn Errors of Metabolism (SSIEM), London, UK.
- Member of the Saudi Society of Medical Genetics (SSMG), Saudi Arabia.
- Member of the Society for Inherited Metabolic Disorders (SIMD), USA
Research and publications:
Dr. Ayman El-Hattab has over 100 publications in scientific journals (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=El-hattab+aw). He presented large number of abstracts as posters and oral presentations in several international conferences. He also conducted several clinical trials. His field of research chromosomal abnormalities, inborn errors of metabolism (metabolic diseases), mitochondrial disorders, neurogenetic disorders, cancer genetics, and novel gene-disease discovery.