Dr. Donatella is an Italian Board Certified Specialist in Diabetes and Endocrinology with over 31 years’ experience in treating patients with complicated diabetes, gestational diabetes, type 1 and type 2 diabetes, thyroid cancer, hyperthyroidism, thyroid nodule, hypothyroidism, pituitary gland disease and adrenal gland disease.
Prior to joining King’s, Dr. Donatella practiced in various reputable organizations in the United Arab Emirates, UK and Italy.
Dr. Donatella earned her Medical Degree from the University of Palermo, Italy and completed her Italian Board Certification in Diabetes and Endocrinology in 1996. She worked in Milan until 2004 as Specialist in diabetes and Endocrinology and Consultant Diabetologist in UK until 2013. From 2013 to 2018 she has worked at the American Hospital Dubai as specialist in Diabetes and Endocrinology. She is a member of the GeneralMedical Council, Association of British Clinical Diabetologist, European Thyroid Association , American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, APTS (Asia-Pacific Society of Thyroid Surgery).
- Gestational diabetes
- Type 1 and 2 diabetes
- Thyroid disorders
- Adrenal disorders
- Pituitary disorders
- Medical degree, University of Palermo, Italy
- Training in Endocrinology and Diabetes, University of Palermo, Italy
- Certificate of Completion of Training in Endocrinology and Diabetes, Italy
- Consultant in Diabetes NHS Trust
- Member of General Medical Council
- Member of Association of British Clinical Diabetologist
- Member of European Thyroid Association
- Member of American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- Member of Asia-Pacific society of thyroid surgery