Dr. Hena Kalam is a Specialist Obstetrics & Gynaecologist at King’s College Hospital. She has more than 20 years of experience in woman’s health. She graduated from RIIMS , Ranchi in India in 1999, was trained in Radiology for one year and then decided to follow her passion in Obstetrics & Gynaecology and acquired a Masters degree in Obstetrics & Gynaecology from Darbhanga in India. She did her Fellowship in Gynae Laparoscopy in India.
Dr. Kalam has worked in Bahrain for many years , first with Bahrain Specialist Hospital and then with American Mission Hospital. She moved to UAE in 2012. Before joining Kings Hospital, she was working in Medcare Women and Children Hospital.
Clinical Expertise & Services Offered
- Care in Pregnancy and Delivery
- Normal Vaginal Delivery and Caesarean Section.
- Women’s Health screening
- Teenage Health. Psychosexual Health
- Investigation and Management of Infertility.
- Menopausal problem, contraception and family planning. Insertion of Subdermal Contraceptive Implant and IUCD insertion
- Gynaecology and Obstetrics ultrasound
- Cervical screening and Colposcopy.
Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic procedures (Gyne Keyhole Surgery)
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy for chronic unexplained pain
- Laparoscopic management of ectopic pregnancy (Salpingectomy)
- Laparoscopic Oophorectomy
- Laparoscopic surgery for pelvic adhesions (Adhesiolysis).
- Laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy
- Laparoscopic Ovarian drilling
- Laparoscopic removal of misplaced IUCD
- Laparoscopic myomectomy for Fibroid Uterus
- Total Laparoscopic hysterectomy for removal of diseased uterus
- Laparoscopic Tubal patency test for infertility
- Advance hysteroscopic surgery
- Hysteroscopy polypectomy
- Hysteroscopy myomectomy
- Hysteroscopy for recurrent miscarriage.
- Other procedures: Incision and drainage of Bartholins cysts/ Abscess.
- Excision of Vulval cysts
- Vaginal Tightening – Surgical repair of lax Pelvic floor
- Emirates Society of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Member of Medical Council- India
- Member of Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Society India