Dr Ishrat Khan is a UK trained Consultant with CCT in Diabetes & Endocrinology and CCT in internal medicine. She has a vast experience of working in her speciality in several hospitals in the UK including University Hospital of Wales, University Hospital Llandough, Royal Glamorgan Hospital, Prince Charles Hospital, Ysbyty Ystrad Fawr Hospital, Royal Shrewsbury Hospital and Princess Royal Hospital.
She is committed to delivering personalised and high quality care to all patients, ensuring they fully understand their condition and what treatment (or self-management) will achieve. She believes in comprehensively informing patients about their condition, the treatment or support options available. She ensures treatment and management plan is based on a mutual understanding of this information.
Her passion is teaching / training and clinical research. She is an honorary lecturer for Diploma in Diabetes, Endocrinology and Acute Medicine at University of South Wales. UK. She supervises MSc and provides support to accomplish MSc from University of South Wales. She has been the part of specialty training programme in UK. She holds regular courses to help the candidates preparing for MRCP and Speciality Exams ( SCE) . She is a regular abstract reviewer for Endocrine Society USA since 2015.She has published several articles in Diabetes & Endocrinology.
- Diabetes for both adolescents and adults ( Type 1 and Type 2) including Insulin pump and sensors .
- Complex Diabetes and Diabetes related complications
- Pituitary, thyroid, adrenal and gonadal endocrinology (Prolactinomas , Pituitary Adenomas , Over or under active thyroid hormones, over production of steroids , steroid deficiency hypogonadism etc )
- Gynaecological and reproductive endocrinology ie PCOS , milky discharge from breasts
- Pregnancy related diabetes management and endocrine disorders
- Obesity management
- Endocrine causes of infertility ( Prolactinomas , hypogonadism )
- Calcium, Vitamin D and Bone disorders
- Resistant hypertension
- Member of Diabetes UK
- Member of Society of Endocrinology UK
- Member of European Society of Endocrinology
- Member of Endocrine Society USA
- Member of British Medical Association
- Member of Medical & Dental Defence Union of Scotland (UK)
- Member of Hospital Consultants and Specialists Association
- Fellow of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow (UK)
- Member of The Royal College of Physicians of London (UK)
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT