Dr. Kowshik is a Consultant Paediatrician, his career spanning more than two decades and includes experience in UK and Middle East. His professional qualifications include a Fellowship (FRCPCH) and Membership (MRCPCH) from the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health in London. He is British Board certified with a CCT in Paediatrics and Neonates with special interest in Endocrinology and Diabetes. He is an Honorary Lecturer at Bristol University and has been a RCPCH College tutor. After immigrating to UAE he has worked in reputable Centres like Al Zahra and Sheikh Khalifa Hospital as Consultant and also as Chief of Department. He has also been an Asst. Professor in the Gulf Medical University.
In UK he has been a Consultant in prestigious institutions like John Radcliffe University Hospital Oxford and Somerset where he has headed the Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolic Medicine services. His Paediatric and Endocrinology experience is from working in various reputed tertiary centres in UK like Birmingham Children’s Hospital, Leeds University Hospital and University Hospital of Wales Cardiff.
He has numerous publications in peer reviewed journals, International Presentations and research activities involvement
He believes in delivering patient-centric care and is dedicated in providing comprehensive care through the safest and evidence based treatment principles .
- General Paediatrics, all routine general paediatric conditions with check-ups including developmental assessment. Vaccination.
- Type 1 (including insulin pump therapy) and Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid disorders (Congenital Hypothyroidism, Hashimoto’s disease, Grave’s disease)
- Pituitary and Adrenal disorders
- Short stature and Growth Hormone disorders
- Delayed and precocious puberty