Dr. Maria Karakoulaki studied Medicine at Ludwig-Maximilian University of Munich (LMU), one of the most prestigious universities in Germany, and at Cornell University NY USA. She then specialised in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Munich Hospital Harlaching – LMU teaching hospital, and in Elena Venizelou, which is the biggest public maternity and gynaecological hospital in Greece. She is both German (Facharzt) and Greek board certified.
Following her passion to deeply comprehend, and research on the hormonal changes in a woman’s life, from childhood to menopause, Dr Karakoulaki also completed a two-year Master’s Degree with honours on “Gynaecological Endocrinology-Infertility” at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.
She was subsequently certified as a paediatric and adolescent gynaecologist by the German College of Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology, after which she substantially contributed to the awareness of HPV infection amongst teenagers. That, along with her many years of experience in the diagnosis and treatment of abnormal Pap smears through colposcopy and cervical surgeries and her compassionate bedside manner put her in the top preference list as a gynaecologist for young women.
Moreover, Dr Karakoulaki has intensively worked as an obstetrician since the beginning of her career and has conducted hundreds of deliveries over the years.
As a “Hormone Expert” on the other hand, she has treated a vast number of patients with various hormonal problems and thus, she carries a profound knowledge and experience about problems women face after childbirth, and because of the ageing process. Seeking to always provide the best care to her patients, Dr Karakoulaki wanted to utilize this experience into Aesthetic Gynaecology, where she could help women overcome those kinds of issues.
In order to achieve the highest qualification in the field, Dr Karakoulaki underwent the most comprehensive Fellowships in Cosmetic and Reconstructive Gynaecology worldwide, provided by ESAG in London, UK, and the Alinsod Institute in California, USA
Furthermore, she extended her skills in “Gynaecological Endocrinology” by studying on recent perspectives in anti-aging medicine with Herbs, Supplements and Bio-Identical hormones accomplished at the American Academy of Anti-Ageing, and the American Academy of Family Practice, both in the USA.
Dr Karakoulaki is proud to bring her combined 18+ years of expertise in women’s health, and the cutting-edge technologies and approaches in Aesthetic and Reconstructive Gynaecology acquired in Europe and the USA, to the UAE.
- Medical: Ludwig Maximilian University Munich-Germany
- Board certification: Germany, Greece
- Master’s in Science: National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
- Fellowships: European Society of Aesthetic Gynaecology (ESAG), UK
- Alinsod Institute for Aesthetic Vulvovaginal Surgery (AIAVS), USA
- The German Society of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- The British Menopause Society
- British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (BSCCP)
- American Academy of Anti-Aging
- Cellular Medicine Association
Areas of expertise
Aesthetic and Reconstructive Gynaecology-Non surgical procedures
- Vaginal Rejuvenation
- Vaginal Tightening
- Labial Augmentation
- Labial majora lifting by Femifine
- Laser labial, perineum and anal Bleaching
- G-Spot Amplification
- Urinary incontinence
- Vaginismus (painful intercourse)
- Recurrent vaginal infections
- Lichen sclerosus
- Anal skin tags removal
Aesthetic and Reconstructive Gynecology-Surgical Procedures
- Labiaplasty (Labia minora and majora)
- Clitoral Hood Reduction
- Clitoromegaly (hypertrophic clitoris) Correction
- Menopause: Non-hormonal treatments, and personalised Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Gynaecological endocrinology: Polycystic ovaries, Irregular periods, Abnormal bleedings, Endometriosis, Infertility etc.
- Pathology of the cervix: Abnormal Pap smear, Colposcopy, surgical procedures of the cervix
- Follow up of pregnancies, including High-risk Pregnancies
- Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology