Dr. Marya Obaid Almansoori is a Consultant, Paediatric, Haematology/Oncology at King’s College Hospital London in Dubai.
- Arab and Saudi Boards in general Paediatrics from King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre (KFSH&RC), Riyadh, KSA.
- Saudi fellowship in Paediatric Haematology Oncology, from kfsh&rc.
- Clinical attachment in Paediatric bone marrow transplantation, from kfsh&rc, Riyadh.
Dr. Marya Al Mansoori can treat the following cases:
- Bleeding disorders related to platelet disorders, Hemophiliacs (type A and B,), Von Willebrand diseases.
- Iron deficiency anemia.
- Blood transfusion dependent anemias (Thalassemia syndromes, pyruvate kinase deficiency, hereditary spherocytosis).
- Family history with blood disease and suspect thalassemia in child.
- Managing and following patients with iron overload due to blood transfusion.
- Premarital / general Genetic counselling, for hereditary blood diseases (hemoglobinopathies and enzymopathies).
- Child with G6PD deficiency.
- Indirect hyperbilirubinemia.
- Post Bone Marrow Transplantation (BMT) follow up labs and adjusting immunosuppressive therapies.
- Full explanation regarding cases need bone marrow transplantation, for donors and recipients, and guiding parents for best BMT centers in the world.
- Vaccination /immunization for post bone marrow transplantation patients.
- Congenital or acquired neutropenia.
- Hypersplenism and splenectomised patients.
- Sickle cell anemia in crisis, need further management with hydroxyurea and up to date treatment available and approved by FDA and applying pain killer medications.
- Immune thrombocytopenia (ITP).
Paediatric Oncology Cases:
- Hepatosplenomegaly for investigation.
- Abdominal masses for investigation.
- Lymphadenopathies. for investigation.
- Abnormal blood cells in peripheral blood smear, for investigation.
- Pancytopenia for investigation.
- Leukocytosis, thrombocytosis for investigation.
- Solitary anemia (low hemoglobin since birth) for investigation.
- Dealing with oncology patients on chemotherapies, regarding laboratory investigations and managing side effects of chemotherapies, as outpatient.