Dr. Paul Macnamara is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at king’s College Hospital London. His role is to provide an elective hip and knee arthroplasty practice, soft-tissue knee speciality as well as a commitment to the trauma service.
His UK Orthopaedic training was in London. He has also worked at The Robert Jones Agnes Hunt Hospital, the UK’s largest joint replacement centre. Here he learnt techniques to have patients rehabilitate quicker from major surgery.
Further fellowship training in Toronto undertaking primary and revision hip and knee arthroplasty as well as spending time teaching fellow residents.
Two further smaller fellowships in a Military Hospital in Bogota Colombia undertaking trauma as well as a British Orthopaedic Association Travelling fellowship to Shanghai and Beijing. During his training he has presented and published papers on a broad range of orthopaedic subjects . He has a keen interest in teaching and is involved in exam preparation for junior surgeons. He was awarded an Excellence in Teaching award for UAE University in 2017.
His specialist interests are hip and knee arthroplasty. He also treats a broad range of general orthopaedic conditions including cruciate ligament surgery for the knee and a broad range of trauma
In order to achieve this, his training was in state of the art techniques to improve accuracy and outcomes as well as rapid rehabilitation techniques.
Qualifications & Training:
- University of Leeds, UK 1991- 1996
- Basic Surgical Training (London), 1997-2001
- Master of Science, University College London , 2001-02
- Higher Surgical Training (London), 2006-12
- FRCS (Tr&Orth), 2009
- Arthroplasty Fellowship (Toronto, Canada), 2010
- Atrthroplasty Fellowship (Travelling Fellow – China)
- AO Trauma Fellowship, (Colombia), 2012
Certificate of completion of training (CCT) –United Kingdom 2012
- Primary and revision hip arthroplasty
- Primary knee arthroplasty
- Knee arthroscopic surgery
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Cartilage Operation
- Knee Replacement Surgery
- Partial Knee Replacement Surgery
- Revision Knee Replacement
- Hip Injection Treatment
- Hip Replacement Surgery
- Open reduction internal fixation (ORIF) of fractures
- Sports Injuries management
- MSc Surgical sciences
- MRCS (Ed)
- FRCS (Trauma and Orthopaedics)
- Completion of Certificate of Training (CCT-UK)
- Saudi Council –Consultant Orthopaedics
- Arabic small amount
- General Medical Council-UK
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (UK)
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- Saudi Council
- Dubai Health Authority