Dr Rita A. Sakr (MD PhD – Ass Professor) is a French / European Board certified, American Fellow, Breast Oncoplastic Surgeon & Ob-Gynecologist with over 20 years of surgical, clinical, academic and research experience in the field.
Dr Rita Sakr earned her primary medical doctorate degree from St Joseph University in Lebanon and completed her residency program in Obstetrics-Gynecology and Breast oncoplastic surgery at Aix-Marseille University in France. She then completed her PhD doctorate degree in molecular biology of breast cancer and her breast fellowship at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre (New York), and École doctorale de Cancérologie of Institut Gustave Roussy (Paris).
After training in both France and the USA, Dr Rita Sakr was appointed Consultant Breast Oncoplastic Surgeon & Ob-Gynecologist in several institutions, including Institut Curie / Paris, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre / New York and Assistance Publique – Hôpitaux de Paris. She also held the position of Associate Professor and co-Head of the Breast and Gynecology Care Unit for high risk patients at Pierre & Marie Curie / Sorbonne University, France. She later relocated to Dubai as Consultant Breast surgeon & Ob-Gynecologist in Dr Sulaiman Al Habib Hospital, then the American Hospital.
Dr Rita Sakr is member of various clinical societies such as American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Association for Cancer Research, Lebanese Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Collège National des Gynécologues et Obstétriciens Français, Société Française de Sénologie et Pathologie Mammaire, New York Academy of Sciences, European Society of Surgical Oncology, Emirates Oncology Society, Europa Donna etc…
Dr Rita Sakr has got more than 100 publications and abstracts in peer-reviewed journals and international conferences, and was awarded many international recognitions such as American Association Cancer Research Award and San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium Award.
In addition to her wide surgical, clinical and academic experience, Dr Rita Sakr has a passion for patients’ advocacy and has been actively involved in multiple associations for breast cancer survivorship in Europe, USA, and UAE.
- MD, University of St Joseph medical school, Beirut, Lebanon
- Specialty diploma, University of Aix Marseille, Marseille, France
- Full license “with honor”, Ministry of Health and French Medical Council, Paris, France
- CICE certificate of Laparoscopy, Clermont-Ferrand, France
- Master in Surgical Sciences, Paris, France
- PhD doctorate in Breast Molecular Biology “with honor”, Paris, France
- Breast fellowship, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, USA
- DU certificate of Oncoplastic breast surgery, University of Paris 11, Paris, France
- DU certificate of Breast disease, University of Paris, Paris, France
- Certificate of Breast cancer surgery, Ecole Européenne de Chirurgie, Europe
- Consultant Breast Oncoplastic Cancer Surgeon, Institut Curie, Paris, France
- Attending Breast Cancer Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, USA
- Consultant OB-Gynecologist & Breast Oncoplastic Cancer Surgeon + Associate Professor and Co-Head of “Breast and gynecology care Unit for early detection of high risk patients for breast/ovarian cancer”, Pierre & Marie Curie University / Assistance Publique – Hôpitaux de Paris, Paris, France
- Consultant Breast Oncoplastic Surgeon & Ob-Gynecologist, Dr Sulaiman Al Habib Hospital, Dubai, UAE
- Consultant Breast Oncoplastic Surgeon & Ob-Gynecologist, American Hospital, Dubai, UAE
- Breast surgery (cancer & benign lesions)
- Breast cancer oncoplastic surgery – lumpectomy – mastectomy
- Axillary sentinel lymph node biopsy – axillary clearance
- Counseling for breast issue (symptomatic and screening patients)
- Early detection of high risk patients for breast/ovarian cancer
- Laparoscopy / Laparotomy: adnexal mass, ovarian cyst, ectopic pregnancy, hysterectomy, myomectomy, other gynecologic conditions
- Hysteroscopy: Myomectomy, Polypectomy
- Colposcopy and Conization
- Pap smear – IUD – pelvic ultrasound
- Normal vaginal delivery and instrumental delivery
- Cesarean section
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT