Dr Sana Kausar is a Family Medicine Consultant and Aviation Medical Examiner with more than 16 years’ experience in her specialty. She graduated from the University of Glasgow in Scotland in 1998. She trained as a GP in the west of Scotland, where she worked extensively both in private practice and trained in various specialities such as dermatology and obstetrics and gynaecology. She also has a special interest in Emergency Medicine.
She is a Member of the Royal College of General Practitioners (MRCGP) since 2008, and also holds a Diploma of the Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (DRCOG).
She has been in the UAE for the last 10 years, and has experience working with Mediclinic City hospital as an ER physician for 3 years. Thereafter, she worked as a family medicine consultant at the University Hospital Sharjah. She is also a GCAA certified AME (Aviation Medical Examiner), and has a special interest in aviation medicine.
Family Medicine as a specialty are trained to deal with all aspects of health, for all people. They can manage ongoing conditions, as well as providing opportunistic health promotion to prevent illnesses where possible.
Dr Sana’s areas of expertise include:
- Women’s and Men’s health
- Dermatology (Eczema, Psoriasis, Acne and other skin conditions)
- Acute illnesses such as fever, infections, colds/flu, migraines/headaches and back pain.
- Emergency Medicine
- Advice on weight management (including body composition analysis for obesity)
- Child health (paediatrics) advice and immunisation
- Mental health
- Chronic disease management, including diabetes, asthma, and high blood pressure
- Musculoskeletal problems
- Occupational health
- Pain management
- Routine vaccinations
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Travel Health (including vaccinations)
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT