Dr Yasir Parviz is a UK Board Certified Interventional Cardiologist with experience of working in the leading health care systems of the UK, Canada and the USA. He has particular interest in cardiovascular management of patient with chronic diseases in particular diabetes and CKD. He has master degree in the subject of cardio-renal diseases, from university of central Lancashire UK.
He has not only certificate of completion of training (CCT) in medicine/ cardiology and intervention from the UK. He has received interventional fellowship training from accredited programs in UK, Canada and the USA. He has received dedicated training in coronary imaging and physiology from Columbia Medical Center and Cardiovascular Research Foundation (CRF) New York, USA.
His clinical practice interests focuses on the utility of intravascular imaging and physiology technologies such as optical coherence tomography, intravascular ultrasound and pressure wire assessment to optimize coronary interventions and hence improve the clinical outcomes for patients.
He is fully competent in coronary and endovascular interventions. He has extensive experience in primary and salvage angioplasty, in treating chronic total occlusions, bifurcation lesions, vein graft disease and restenosis. Furthermore, He is proficient in techniques including direct coronary atherectomy, rot-ablation, and the use of distal protection devices. He is trained to perform the renal and peripheral limb interventions.
Dr Parviz is trained in performing the interventions without contrast administration, including intravascular imaging-guided zero-contrast PCI, protecting patients with advanced kidney disease from contrast associated acute kidney injury and the need for dialysis. He is competent in the use of intravascular imaging like IVUS, OCT and developing novel techniques in this field.
He was awarded the best presenter award during Gulf PCR conference. He was selected as Chief Fellow at London Health Sciences, during his fellowship at Western University London Ontario.
Qualification & Certifications
- MSc – University of Central Lancashire University of UK
- MRCP (UK) – Royal College of physicians, London
- PLAB – General Medical Council, UK
- MBBS – Ayub Medical College, Pakistan
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) Cardiology
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) Internal Medicine
- Interventional Research Fellowship Columbia University Medical Centre. New York. Presbyterian Hospital. USA
- Interventional Fellowship, The University of Western Ontario. London. London Health Sciences Centre. Canada
- Interventional Fellowship, The Sheffield Hallam University. Sheffield Teaching Hospital. South Yorkshire. U.K
- The Society for Cardiac Angiography and Interventions,USA
- Royal College of Physicians, London UK
- General Medical Council, UK
- European Society of Percutaneous Intervention (EAPCI)
- British Society of Cardiology, UK
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- The Canadian Medical Protective Association
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI)
- Radial PCI
- Complex PCI
- Coronary Angiogram
- Intravascular imaging (IVUS, OCT)
- Intracoronary physiology(FFR/IFR)
- Minimal Contrast angiography
- Renal Angiography and Stenting
- Rotational atherectomy
- Right Heart catheterization
- Pulmonary Angiogram
- Temporary Pacing
- Reveal Devices
- Peri cardiocentesis