ABOUT OUR ABU DHABI MEDICAL CENTRE
King’s College Hospital, Surgical and Medical Centre, Abu Dhabi is part of King’s College Hospital in London, with access to world-class treatments and expertise from leading medical professionals.
Our priority is patient care, and we use only evidence-based medicine, offering the same high-quality trusted healthcare and modern expertise at our new clinic in Abu Dhabi as we provide at our internationally renowned hospital in the UK.
The medical centre offers healthcare services for the whole family and, whether your medical problem is simple or complex, we can deliver the finest levels of healthcare including consultations, diagnostic tests, treatment and recovery support. If required, we can also arrange for you to be referred for additional specialist treatment at our UK centre, King’s College Hospital in.
Our values are allied with those of King’s College London, and we are guided by the standards and care pathways set out by the National Health Service (NHS) and the UK’s respected National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE). Working closely with our colleagues in the UK, we adhere to the highest standards of integrity and patient care; this means that we never perform unnecessary tests or offer our patients any treatments that aren’t in their best interests.
OUR MEDICAL TRAINING PROGRAMMES
Our International Training Centre (ITC) provides medical courses in two varieties of presentation, classroom and online options are present to suit our candidates. Keeping in mind that whatever option that you chose, candidates will get all the theory and skills required to obtain the course completion requirements.
Our list of courses are outlined below for your kind attention:
- Antenatal Classes
- Basic Life Support Provider Course (BLS)
- Heartsaver Provider Course (HS)
- Heartsaver First Aid Provider Course
- Heartsaver First Aid, CPR & AED Provider Course
- Heartsaver CPR & AED Provider Course
- Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid Provider Course
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Provider Course (ACLS)
- ECG & Pharmacology Course
- Airway Management Provider Course
- Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition & Stabilization Provider Course (PEARS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Provider Course
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Provider Course
Our online courses for CPR, First Aid and Emergency Cardiovascular Care are the trusted and a convenient solution to your training needs. Our list of courses are outlined below for your kind attention:
- 2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC Science Online Course
- Heartcode ACLS – Part 1 Online Course
- Learn: Rapid STEMI ID Online Course
- Learn: Rhythm Adult Online Course
- Acute Stroke Online Course
- Non-valvular Atrial Fibrillation Online Course
- Heartcode BLS – Part 1 Online Course
- Learn: Rhythm Pediatric Online Course
- Heartcode PALS – Part 1 Online Course
- Heartsaver First Aid, CPR & AED Online Course
- Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid, CPR & AED Online Course
Benefit of Online Training:
- Students are able to complete online training at their own pace and in less time, while companies and healthcare organisations can overcome obstacles such as scheduling, reaching remote employees and diverse learning styles.
- eLearning can be as effective as classroom-based training. Often measured by students’ retention of course content, the average retention rate for an instructor-led class is 58%, and the eLearning experience enhances the retention rate by 25%.”
We have our own outpatient Pharmacy which provides a safe and efficient dispensing service for everyone attending our clinic. Our team of knowledgeable pharmacists is on hand to answer any questions you have about your medication as well as providing a full dispensing service. The Pharmacy also stocks skincare and beauty products from leading brands and a range of vitamins, supplements and pharmaceutical products.
It is located next to the clinic’s reception area and is open during clinic hours for your convenience, Saturday to Thursday 8am to 8pm.
Our Anaesthetics department provides the anaesthetics service for surgical and diagnostic procedures. We offer:
- general anaesthetic
- local anaesthetic
The anaesthetics team monitors all your vital signs and maintains your airway and oxygen supply during your procedure. When it is complete, they will wake you up and transfer you to the Recovery Suite, which has separate areas for ladies and gentlemen.
The Anaesthetics department is led by Dr Barbara Dohm, a UK-registered Consultant Anaesthetist.Book an Appointment