FAMOUS at King’s
FAMOUS stands for Fetal And Maternal Obstetrics Ultrasound Services.
King’s College Hospital Dubai, Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) unit is here to help you right through your pregnancy from the desire to the reality of being a family.
Under the leadership of Dr Samina M. Dornan MD FRCOG, Maternal-Fetal Medicine sub-specialist, the highly skilled multidisciplinary team provides care for women who are at high risk from developing problems during their pregnancies, although you may well benefit from seeing one of our specialists even if you think you are a low risk pregnancy.
Dr. Dornan leads unique programs for managing complications during and post pregnancy, including twins and multiples, placental abnormalities, fetal anomalies, genetic disorders, nutritional issues and infectious diseases by focusing on the diagnosis and treatment of expectant mothers and their unborn babies.
If you have any concerns around your pregnancy and wish to contact FAMOUS at King’s, call or whatsapp us on +971 54 996 2470
Why High & Low Risk Mothers Choose King’s
A “high-risk” pregnancy means a woman has one or more factors that increase her, and/or her baby’s, chances of health problems or preterm (early) delivery. A woman’s pregnancy might be considered high risk if she:
- is aged 17 or younger
- has high blood pressure, diabetes, depression, or another health problem
- has had a problem with herself or her baby during a previous pregnancy
- Or if her fetus has been diagnosed with some problem in the present pregnancy
Our High Risk team consists of Maternal Health sub-specialists, Fetal Medicine specialists, Diabetologists, Anaesthetist’s, Endocrinologists, Fetal and Adult cardiologists, Interventionalist Radiologist with Fetal MRI, Geneticists, Nutritionists and Perinatal mental health experts, all working together as a team, ably supported by highly qualified midwives and nurses.
- Prenatal care and deliveries to both high & low-risk mothers
- Managing twin and multiple pregnancies
- Advanced diagnostic and fetal scans
- 1st trimester screening test, including nuchal and NIPT (Noninvasive prenatal testing)
- Diagnostic testing and procedures (CVS, Amniocentesis, Fetal Echocardiography)
- Managing women with a history of cardiovascular conditions
- Managing both diabetic women and women that develop gestational diabetes
- Managing women complicated by hematological disorders e.g Thalassemia, Sickle cell and lupus disease.
- Nutrition Service
- Perinatal mental health services
- Gynaecoogical care throughout your reproductive lifetime
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Whether antenatally, or in our state of the art labour ward, we provide you and your family with the full support you need to deliver and care for a healthy baby. Our advanced Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, under the leadership of Dr. Maria Theresa and Dr. Harikumar Nair provides all the support your baby might need 24/7.
We provide our women and their partners with clean, aesthetically pleasing environments, minimal, or no, wait times, and an attentive staff committed to creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere for you all.