What is the Early Pregnancy Clinic (EPC)?
We recognise that early pregnancy can be a worrying time for women and their families. This service is open to any women who is less than 12 weeks pregnant, presenting with the following:
- experiencing symptoms they find concerning (e.g., bleeding, pain, extreme nausea)
- unsure of the dates of their pregnancy
- previous history of miscarriage/ectopic pregnancy/molar pregnancy
- requiring reassurance of pregnancy viability and location
What are the Early Pregnancy Clinic EPC location/contact details and opening hours?
- The Early Pregnancy Clinic is based in the Women’s Health Department on the 3rdfloor of King’s College Hospital Dubai, Dubai Hills.
- Opening times: 9.00 am- 5.00 pm from Sunday till Thursday
Please contact a member of the Fetal and Maternal Obstetric and Ultrasound Services (FAMOUS) team on:
How do I get referred to Early Pregnancy Clinic (EPC)?
- This is a walk-in service meaning that you can self-refer and do not need to have seen a GP first
- You are less than 12 weeks pregnant
- We will see any woman who arrives at the clinic before 5.00 pm
- Please note you may experience a wait of up to 30 min to be seen
What happens in Early Pregnancy Clinic?
- a receptionist will register your details
- you will be seen by a nurse for a vital sign’sassessment (blood pressure/temperature etc) and pregnancy history documentation (present and previous pregnancy details)
- you will have a detailed consultationwith a Doctor
- you will also have an ultrasound scan (the scan may be performed trans-abdominally or trans-vaginally)
- in some cases,a blood test will be taken
- the doctor will discuss the diagnosis with you and give you a management plan at the consultation
Can I bring someone with me?
Yes, please bring someone with you to the appointment, if you wish.
What happens next?
- depending on the findings, the necessary follow-up can be arranged during the consultation
- Surgical or medical management options will be discussed and offered,if there are any complications found related to the pregnancy (miscarriage/ectopic)
- If you would like to continue to have your antenatal care at King’s College Hospital Dubai, the receptionist can book your next appointment
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT