The doctors at our medical centres in Dubai and Abu Dhabi can offer peace of mind for parents who want to make sure their child is immunised against serious diseases. Our clinics offer both routine, scheduled child immunisations and vaccinations, and for travelling abroad.
Our dedicated team of doctors and nurses can advise you about which vaccines should be given to your child and when. In most cases, we recommend the following vaccination programme:
- 6-in-1 vaccine: this protects your child against diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, polio, Hepatitis B and Hib (Haemophilus influenza type b). It’s offered for babies at two, four and six months.
- Pneumococcal or pneumo jab (PCV): this protects your child against pneumococcal infection and is offered for babies at two, four, six and 18 months.
- Rotavirus vaccine: protects against rotavirus infection (causes childhood diarrhoea and sickness) and is offered at two and four months.
- Hib vaccine: protects against Haemophilus influenza type b (Hib) and is offered at two, four, six and eighteen months.
- MMR vaccine: protects against measles, mumps and rubella and is given at one year old and again at five to six years.
- 4-in-1 pre-school booster: protects against diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough and polio and is offered at 18 months.
- HPV vaccine for girls only: given at 12-13 years in two injections about six months apart.
- Hepatitis B vaccination: offered at two, four and six months.
- 3-in-1 teenage booster: protects against tetanus, diphtheria and polio and is given at 13 years.
- Men ACWY vaccine: protects against meningitis.
We also offer the following additional vaccinations:
- BCG (tuberculosis) vaccination: protects against tuberculosis and is offered at birth.
- Flu vaccination: we recommend this for children with weakened immune systems or other medical conditions.
- Travel vaccines, these also include:
- Diphtheria, polio and tetanus booster
- Hepatitis A
At King’s College Hospital Dubai, our doctors and nurses are fully qualified in performing a variety of vaccinations to children. Contact us for more information or to arrange an appointment for your child’s immunisation.Book an Appointment