For people who suffer from any type of respiratory disease, the mere act of breathing can be challenging and uncomfortable. At King’s College Hospital UAE, we understand the problems of our patients and thereof offer state-of-the-art medical solutions so that they can live the life to the fullest. Respiratory diseases that we treat at the hospital are:
- Asthma and respiratory allergies.
- Bronchiectasis, which occurs when your lungs can’t clear mucus
- Bronchitis, which happens when you have inflamed mucous membranes
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, which causes an airflow blockage mainly due to smoking.
- Emphysema, which happens when the alveoli in your lungs are damaged also mainly related to smoking.
- Interstitial lung diseases, which affect the space and tissue around the alveoli
- Occupational lung diseases, which can occur due to the inhalation of dusts, chemicals, or proteins
- Obstructive sleep apnea, which causes your breathing to slow or stop entirely when you’re sleeping.
- Infections of the upper and lower respiratory tract, airways or lungs, which happens when a bacteria or virus enter in your respiratory system
- Pleural diseases, which affects the pleural space and is filled by fluid, or air which escapes from the lung producing a lung collapse.
- Diagnosis and staging of lung tumors
The symptoms suggesting you need to visit our Respiratory experts are:
- Shortness of breath
- Wheezy chest
- Allergy to dust, pollens, pets, mold
- Spiting up blood
- Fever with abnormal weight loss or profuse night sweating
- Snoring with daily sleepiness and daily fatigue
- Purulent phlegm
- Chronic phlegm,
- Heavy or long-term smoker (Included shisha)
- Chest pain while breathing,
- Inhaled Occupational exposure
- Contact with Tuberculosis
- Abnormal finding in the Chest X ray
After conducting thorough check up and running the necessary tests, our specialists diagnose the causes of your respiratory problem and propose solutions to help you. Each patient at King’s College Hospital UAE is given intense care and attention so that the respiratory disorder can be treated effectively.