King’s Weight Loss & Bariatric Programme provides a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to obesity and diseases such as diabetes and high cholesterol. Our programme incorporates non-surgical options, in addition to emotional assessment prior to considering surgical treatment. Our programme ensures high safety standards and uses the most up to date techniques.
Patients that enroll in our programme have a dedicated care coordinator, a 24-hour medical information hotline, and are fully supported if surgery is performed for 6 months.
Eligibility & Patient Criteria
To be eligible for our Weight Loss & Bariatric Programme, patients must be over 18 years of age, independently mobile and attending to activities of daily living.
Patients must meet the following criteria as per DHA Guidelines
- Patients with BMI > 40 kg/m2 with or without comorbidities*
- Patients with BMI ≥ 35-39.9 kg/m2 with one or more comorbidities
- Patients with BMI ≥ 30-34.9 kg/m2 with two or more comorbidities
*What is a Comorbidity?
A comorbidity in relation to our programme relates to the presence of one or more medical problems you may have, other than the problem of your weight.
Comorbidities include life threatening cardiopulmonary problems such as:
- Coronary artery disease (CAD)
- Type 1 and 2 diabetes mellitus
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Obesity hypoventilation syndrome
- Pickwickian syndrome
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease or non-alcoholic steatohepatitis
- Venous stasis disease
- Severe urinary incontinence
- Joint diseases
- Obesity related cardiomyopathy
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
All patients will be assessed for suitability by the King’s College Hospital Weight Loss & Bariatric Programme Lead during their first consultation and provided a management plan of action.
Weight Loss & Bariatric Programme Team
Patients are assessed and taken care of by our expert multidisciplinary team that includes:
- General surgery
- Internal Medicine
- Psychology (if required)
Procedures offered within the Weight Loss & Bariatric Programme Include:
Overview of King’s Weight Loss & Bariatric Programme
Find out more about the King’s Weight Loss & Bariatric Programme. Book your appointment by calling +971 04 519 9999 or complete the contact form below.