The Department of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery (HPB Surgery), at King’s College Hospital is dedicated to a mission of providing world-class patient care, for patients not only in UAE but also in neighbouring countries.
The surgery department works in tandem with oncology, gastroenterology, radiology, interventional radiology and ICU.
We strive for excellence in the clinical care of patients by providing expert and compassionate care, a state of art infra structure and multi-disciplinary approach.
We offer second opinion on all medical conditions related to liver, gall bladder, pancreas and biliary tree.
Treatments provided by the department
- Management of obstructive jaundice
- Surgical resection of primary liver cancer – (hepatocellular cancer, HCC)
- Surgical resection of liver metastasis
- Management of neuroendocrine tumour (NET)
- Surgical resection of benign liver lesions – Hemangioma, liver adenoma, hydatid cyst.
- Radio frequency ablation of liver tumours.
- Liver transplantation work up for the live donor and recipient.
- Transarterial chemo-embolisation (TACE)
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy for stones in the gall bladder
- Treatment of gall bladder cancer
- Bile duct stricture – Hepatico-jejunostomy
- Management of biliary injury following cholecystectomy
- Management of biliary fistula
- Cancer of bile duct (Cholangio carcinoma)
- Stones in the bile duct
- Management of acute pancreatitis
- Surgery for chronic pancreatitis
- Resection of pancreas for cancer – Whipple’s procedure, distal pancreatectomy
- Surgery for pseudocyst
- Surgery for cystic tumour of pancreas like – IPMN
- Shunt surgery for portal hypertension
- Oesophageal Devascularisation.