Dr Hesham Souka is an experienced Consultant General Surgeon with a special interest in gastro-intestinal surgery. Prior to joining the team at King’s College Hospital, he was a practicing consultant in the UK for 16 years, working in the National Health Service. His main interests are endoscopy, laparoscopy, hernia repair and gall bladder disease.
Scope of Surgeries:
- Gall bladder removal.
- Laparoscopic and open hernia repair.
- Laparoscopic appendix surgery.
- Ano-rectal surgery including piles using different minimally invasive techniques.
- Anal fistula operations.
- Pilonidal sinus surgery.
- Undescended testis & congenital hernia in children.
- Varicose veins.
- Endoscopies, colonoscopy.
- Bachelor’s in Medicine & Surgery, Ain Shams University, Egypt
- FRCS, Intercollegiate fellow-ship, UK.
After graduating from Ain Shams University, Egypt, Dr Souka took on the role of Professor of Surgery until 1992, when he moved to the UK. After undertaking surgical training rotation at St George’s Hospital, London (6 years), he became Consultant General and Vascular Surgeon in Grimsby (16 years), and Honorary Lecturer at Hull Medical School (both in the UK).
Dr Souka has featured in scientific publications and taken part in presentations at international meetings. He holds full registration with the General Medical Council in the UK and has a DHA licence as a Consultant Surgeon in UAE.
He takes pride in offering a wide range of services, from assessment and management of abdominal pain, to gastro-intestinal endoscopy, both upper and lower.