Plastic surgery is the art of functional and aesthetic restoration of defects and deformities of the human body. Modern plastic surgery has two main goals: reconstruction of anatomic defects and aesthetic enhancement of normal form. It is a diverse surgical speciality, which interacts with other disciplines like dermatology or ENT and merges medical science with the art of physical restoration. Innovative techniques and successful clinical research applications are integrated into plastic surgery.
Aesthetic or cosmetic surgery has become widely accepted with the advent of refinements for safer rejuvenation of the face and body through procedures such as face-lifts, breast augmentation, and liposuction. There is an increasing emphasis on minimally invasive procedures, such as anti-wrinkle injections and cosmetic soft-tissue fillers.
With all of its special anatomy and functional importance, plastic surgeons are working on restoration of hand deformities as well. Treatments include defects present already at birth, wounds, fractured bones, severed nerves and tendons. Rehabilitation of the hand is an important aspect of surgical care.
At King’s College Hospital Abu Dhabi Medical and Surgical Centre, we offer a wide range of treatments from Aesthetic Surgery to Reconstructive Surgery and Hand Surgery. Special interests include
- Plastic Surgery for Men and Women.
- Each person and each gender has different needs and preferences and an individually tailored approach is absolutely necessary to ensure patient satisfaction. In a consultation we will find out what is best for your condition or needs and define a treatment plan that is tailored to you
- Minimally invasive procedures
- We work hard to give the best possible result with the minimum downtime to help you return to your normal life as soon as possible
- Restoration of body shape after pregnancies or weight loss
- Often it is very difficult to return to a normal body shape after weight loss or pregnancies. Plastic Surgery can help you attain the body that you deserve to have. After a massive weight loss for example by gastric bypass, plastic surgery can be an essential part of your treatment process. Common areas to be treated include the tummy, breasts, arms, legs and even the face.
- Liposuction and Fat grafting
- Liposuction will remove unwanted accumulations of fat. The harvested fat can be used for a variety of applications to enhance and regenerate your body.
- Scar corrections
- Today we have multiple options to enhance unwanted and unsightly scars, ranging from non-invasive treatments to surgical procedures. Together we will find a solution that can work for you.
- Hand Surgery
- Hand surgery treatments offered at Kings College Hospital range from the wrist to the fingers and can be everything from carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger finger or tendon injuries to nerve tumors and broken bones.
For more details, please visit our aesthetic website: https://aesthetics.kingscollegehospitaldubai.com/