The Rheumatology Clinic at King’s College Hospital – Jumeirah Medical Centre offers highly specialised, comprehensive and patient-centric care for people with various musculoskeletal problems under one roof. Our team of experts, led by Dr Bhavna Khan, Consultant Rheumatologist, offer a unique multidisciplinary approach to provide patients with long term medical and emotional support.
Dr Bhavna Khan is a UK Board Certified Consultant Rheumatologist with more than 15 years’ experience. Her special interests include inflammatory arthritis, osteoporosis, systemic sclerosis, inflammatory muscle disorders, metabolic bone disease, chronic musculoskeletal pain disorders and connective tissue disorders. She also has vast experience in the management of rheumatoid arthritis and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (Lupus) and treatment with biologic agents.
When to see a Rheumatologist?
It’s common to experience musculoskeletal pains every now and then, but you should see a doctor when the pain in your joints, muscles, neck, back and bones is severe and lasts beyond a few days. It can be difficult to diagnose rheumatic diseases, especially early on, because patients sometimes experience symptoms that seem commonplace but are actually a result of much more complicated condition. At King’s College Hospital in Dubai, our Rheumatologists are able to diagnose and treat your condition. It’s usually best to catch and treat rheumatic diseases as early as possible, so our experts understand the importance of a quick diagnosis. Our Rheumatologists at Kings provide state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment for diseases that affect the body’s connective tissue.
Services offered at King’s College Hospital’s Rheumatology Clinic in Dubai includes:
- Outpatient specialty care for all kinds of arthritis, such as osteoarthritis, gout, and inflammatory arthritis such as rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis
- Education on rheumatologic diseases and advanced treatments such as biologics therapy
- Preoperative evaluation and recommendations for patients considering joint replacement
- Back pain service for all kinds of spinal pains, disc prolapses and ankylosing spondylitis
- We provide accurate diagnostic and long-term management advice for patients with connective tissue disease / autoimmune rheumatic diseases such as Lupus, Sjogren’s Syndrome, Myositis, Vasculitis, Primary Anti-Phospholipid Antibody Syndrome and Overlap Syndromes.
- Management of polymyalgia rheumatica, giant cell arteritis and other forms of vasculitis
- Investigations, diagnosis and management of patients with symptoms of soft tissue rheumatism, such as tendon and ligament problems, “frozen shoulder”, carpal tunnel syndrome
- Management of metabolic bone disorders such as osteoporosis and Paget’s disease
- Diagnostic and therapeutic intra-articular injections, soft tissue injections and aspirations
- Sports and exercise medicine
- Treatment of regional musculoskeletal disorders such as shoulder pain, hip pain, knee pain, complex regional pain syndromes and fibromyalgia
If you would like further information about health conditions covered by rheumatology, please contact us. Our rheumatologists have a great deal of knowledge and experience evaluating and treating a range of rheumatological conditions. To arrange an appointment with a consultant at our rheumatology clinics in Dubai, please click on the button below.