King’s Neurology Department
Neurology is a branch of Medicine dealing with disorders of the Nervous System. Such disorders affect the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves and muscle diseases. Neurologists diagnose and treat neurological disorders. The aim of the Neurology Department at KCH is to offer comprehensive, world-class high-quality care dealing with patients suffering with the whole spectrum of acute and chronic neurological pathologies. Book your appointment with a neurologist in Dubai today.
Services we offer
- Headache & Migraine Clinic – Headaches disorders such as migraine, tension headaches cluster headaches, Trigeminal Neuralgia (TN)
- Epilepsy and non-epileptic attack disorders
- Movement disorders (including tremors and Parkinson’s disease).
- Multiple sclerosis and other demyelinating disorders including Guillain-Barre’ syndrome and chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP)
- Memory loss and dementia
- Neurodegenerative disorders including Alzheimer’ s disease, Huntington’s disease and motor neurone disease (MND)
- Vertigo and dizziness
- Gait and balance disorders
- Neck pain and back pain
- Tumours of the brain, spinal cord and the peripheral nerves (neuromas)
- Cerebro-vascular disease including Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Infections of the brain and spinal cord such as encephalitis, meningitis and myelitis
- Disorders of the peripheral nerves (neuropathy), muscles (myopathy) and neuromuscular junctions (e.g. myasthenia gravis)
- Management of depression, anxiety and sleep disorders
King’s Dubai recently launched it’s Advanced Parkinson’s Research Centre in Dubai, providing cutting edge treatment for advanced stage Parkinson’s patients to the UAE and wider region
Patients requiring neuro-imaging are referred to the Radiology Department which provides a full range of specialised imaging modalities including CT scans, MR scans, ultrasound (US) and Angiography
Our Clinical Neurophysiology Service uses specialised machines to record the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves and muscle functions to help in diagnosing the above disorders of the nervous system
Common Neurophysiology procedures
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Video EEG monitoring
- Electromyography for diagnosis of different Muscle diseases (EMG)
- Nerve conduction velocity studies for Diagnosis of different nerve disorders (NCS).
- VEP(Visual Evoked Potentials)
- SSEP (Somatosensory evoked potentials)
- BAEPS: Brainstem Auditory evoked potentials.
The Lead Neurologist at King’s, Dr Vittorio Iantorno is a Consultant Neurologist with over 20 years’ experience gained in the UK & Italy. He was formerly Head of Neurology at one of the UK’s largest Foundation Trusts (Heart of England NHS Trust),