King’s Neurosciences Centre
King’s Neurosciences Centre offers world class high quality comprehensive care for neurological disorders that affect the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves and the muscle. This includes expert diagnostics, dedicated treatment and management of complex neurological disorders in a compassionate environment with state-of-the-art facilities.
The centre is led by world renowned UK & European trained highly experienced Neurologists and Interventional Neurologists and Neurosurgeons who care for patients who not only come from the Middle East region, but the wider South Asian regions.
Our neurologists us the latest equipment and techniques to help in diagnosing these disorders of the nervous system. Patients requiring neuroimaging are referred to the Radiology Department which provides a full range of specialised imaging modalities including CT scans, MR scans, ultrasound (US) and Angiography. Our Clinical Neurophysiology Service uses specialised machines to record the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves and muscle functions.
Major diagnostic procedures at King’s Neurosciences Centre include:
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- VEP (Visual Evoked Potentials)
- BAEPS: Brainstem Auditory evoked potentials.
- Video EEG monitoring
- Electromyography for diagnosis of different Muscle diseases (EMG)
- Nerve conduction velocity studies for Diagnosis of different nerve disorders (NCS).
- SSEP (Somatosensory evoked potentials)
- Paediatric neurology
- Movement disorders (including tremors and Parkinson’s disease)
- Headache & Migraine Clinic – Headaches disorders such as migraine, tension headaches cluster headaches, Trigeminal Neuralgia (TN)
- Epilepsy and non-epileptic attack disorders
- Tumours of the brain, spinal cord and the peripheral nerves (neuromas)
- Depression, anxiety and sleep disorders
- Multiple sclerosis and other demyelinating disorders including Guillain-Barre’ syndrome and chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP)
- Neurodegenerative disorders including Alzheimer’ s disease, Huntington’s disease and motor neurone disease (MND)
- Memory loss and dementia
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Vertigo and dizziness
- Gait and balance disorders
- Neck pain and back pain
- Cerebro-vascular disease including Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Infections of the brain and spinal cord such as encephalitis, meningitis and myelitis
- Disorders of the peripheral nerves (neuropathy), muscles (myopathy) and neuromuscular junctions (e.g. myasthenia gravis)
King’s Dubai is home to the only Advanced Parkinson’s Research Centre in the region, which provides cutting edge treatment therapies for advanced stage Parkinson’s patients within the UAE and the wider region.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT