Dr Vinod is available for Online Consultations
Dr Vinod Metta is a Consultant Interventional Neurologist and Movement Disorders, Dystonia, Parkinson’s Specialist. He trained at King’s College Hospital London and conducted his higher specialist training (CCT) in neurology and movement disorders at Imperial College London, University College London and Queen Square Hospitals in London. He is a member of the Association of British Neurologists (ABN) and Australian and New Zealand Association of Neurologists (ANZAN).
He was awarded his doctorate for research on the pathophysiology of, and treatment options for, disabling non-motor symptoms of fatigue and sleep in patients with Parkinson’s disease, in collaboration with King’s and Imperial College London. He was a recipient of the 2016 ABN Australasian Fellowship. He is a member of the Association of British Neurologists (ABN) and Australian and New Zealand Association of Neurologists (ANZAN). He was awarded his doctorate for research on the pathophysiology of, and treatment options for, disabling non-motor symptoms of fatigue and sleep in patients with Parkinson’s disease, in collaboration with King’s and Imperial College London. He was a recipient of the 2016 ABN Australasian Fellowship.
Dr Vinod has authored and co-authored several papers published in high-impact factor journals such as Brain, several book chapters, including in the Oxford Textbook for Clinical Medicine 5th and 6th editions, and a book titled Parkinson’s Disease – The Hidden Face. He has been appointed to the editorial board of the Journal of Parkinson’s Disease, and he serves on several advisory board committees and research associate of EUROPAR & Parkinson’s Disease Non Motor Group UK (PDNMG UK)
He is a postgraduate tutor and runs several MRCP courses nationally and internationally. He has a particular interest in exploring and pioneering biomarkers to investigate pathophysiology and treatment models of neurodegenerative disorders.Dr Vinod Metta, a world expert in treating patients with advanced Parkinson’s disease & Pioneer in Novel Device aided Non Oral therapies like Subcutaneous Apomorphine Pump & Intrajejunal Duodopa successfully treating advanced parkinson’s disease over a decade in UK, India & Middle East
Dr Vinod Metta, world renowned one of few interventional neurologists provides bespoke one stop interventional procedures for a range of acute and chronic neurological & movement disorders and life saving treatments like chemodenervation of Salivary glands for sialorrhea(hypersalivation) in patients with neurodegenerative diseases like parkinson’s Disease, Huntington’s disease, Motor Neurone Disease, Multiple Sclerosis etc which excessive drooling cause life threatening Aspiration pneumonia, ( 80% of mortality in these patients.) & Nerve Blocks ( Peripheral Nerve blocks, Multiple Cranial Nerve blocks) for refractory migraines in Pregnant patients and also for patients suffering with refractory Neuralgias ( Greater Occipital Neuralgia, Trigeminal Neuralgia) and range of SUCNT, SUNA headaches
TREATMENTS & NEUROLOGICAL INTERVENTIONS OFFERED
- Noval Device Aided Non Oral therapies ( Apomorphine & Intrajejunal Duodopa infusion therapies) for patient’s with Parkinson’s disease
- Ultrasound Guided chemodenervation of salivary glands with Botulinum toxin injection for Hypersalivation & Drooling ( sialorrhea)
- EMG guided Botulinum interventions for range of Cranio Cervical Dystonia ( Laterocollis, antecollis, retrocollis, Dystonic head tremors, dystonic upper &Lower limb Dystonia writers cramp, foot inversion dystonia , abdominal & Palatal Myoclonus, Blepharospasm, Hemifacial spams, etc
- EMG guided Botulinum interventions for Post stroke upper & Lower limb Spasticity, & Paraspinal spasms, (Back pain) Bruxsim ( Masseter Hypertrophy/ difficulty jaw opening)
- Nerve Blocks ( Peripheral & Multiple Cranial nerve blocks ) for refractory migraines in Pregnancy, and also for patients suffering with refractory Neuralgias ( Occipital Neuralgia, Trigeminal Neuralgia) and range of refractory cephalgia SUCNT, SUNA, Paroxysmal Hemicranialis, refractory Migraines, etc
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT