Our Gynaecology team based at our Dubai Hospital, Dubai clinics, and Abu Dhabi clinics, offer women a comprehensive range of services for all gynaecological conditions, as well as women’s health screening services. Our gynaecologists have a wide range of experience in diagnosing and treating women with many different conditions.
Cervical Screening: Regular cervical screening is extremely important. After an initial consultation we will perform a routine smear test (Pap smear) where we take a sample of cells from the cervix to check for abnormalities that may be indicative of cervical cancer.
We also offer a procedure called colposcopy to look at the cervix to check for abnormal cells that may develop into cervical cancer. The colposcopy is carried out in the clinic and normally takes around 15-20 minutes. You’ll be asked to undress from the waist down and a speculum is inserted into the vagina, where it is gently opened so that the doctor can examine the cervix. A tiny sample of cells (biopsy) is taken for examination in a laboratory and you will receive your results a few weeks later.
Contraceptive services: these can be accessed by men and women. You will be able to have confidential advice about contraception including:
- The combined oral contraceptive pill
- The progestogen-only pill
- Progestogen contraceptive injections
- Contraceptive implants
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Breast checks
- Early pregnancy evaluation, working with our colleagues in Obstetrics and Fetal Medicine
- Pregnancy tests
- Pre-conception advice
- Fitting and checking of caps, diaphragms, intrauterine devices, or coils and intrauterine systems, or hormonal coils
We also offer advice and treatment for the following conditions:
- Menstrual disorders and abnormal bleeding: including painful periods; heavy periods (menorrhagia); bleeding in between periods (metrorrhagia); and lengthy periods (hypermenorrhoea); as well as the absence of periods (amenorrhoea)
- Pelvic pain: including ovarian cysts, pelvic inflammatory disease, appendicitis, peritonitis, urinary tract infections, constipation, and, less commonly, endometriosis or a pelvic abscess
- Fibroids: non-cancerous growths in or around the uterus (womb)
- Fertility: advice on becoming parents; IVF; male sexual problems; and female sexual problems
- Menopausal health concerns: including advice about hot flushes and night sweats; depression; low libido (sex drive); osteoporosis; and cardiovascular disease
If you would like more information on our gynaecological services, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Our gynaecologists cover Dubai and Abu Dhabi, and have a vast amount of experience in treating and diagnosing a variety of gynaecological conditions. Contact us for more information or to arrange an appointment.