Kings College Hospital London Dubai Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) offers full intensive care across gestations from premature babies at 24 weeks gestation to term babies with poor perinatal adaptation.
It aims to provide an outstanding, holistic, comprehensive, cost effective and family oriented care package. It is well equipped to deal with neonatal emergencies and common neonatal conditions.
The NICU staff from its nurses and doctors are trained to the highest standards and can boast of decades of experience in tertiary neonatal care with firm foundations on research and evidence based care in keeping with the latest developments in the care of the sick neonate.
We can look after our babies and their parents as early as the antenatal period in cooperation with our foetal medicine team, offering them counselling for anticipated problems and engaging them early in the management of their babies.
Our services consist of the following but not limited to:
- State of the art invasive and non invasive ventilation and respiratory support including high frequency oscillation and nitric oxide
- Neonatal echocardiography
- Neonatal cranial ultrasounds
- Total parenteral nutrition
- Feeding assessments and support with breastfeeding
- Neonatal surgical management
- Neonatal newborn screening and hearing(audiology) screening
- Follow up of premature and sick neonates from discharge till 2 years of age
- Neurodevelopmental assessment (Bailey’s)
We treat and manage the following conditions:
- Prematurity: babies born early from 24 weeks and beyond
- Term babies born in poor condition
- Respiratory distress of prematurity
- Respiratory distress of the term newborn
- Apnoeas of prematurity
- Meconium aspiration
- Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension
- Neonatal Infections
- Neonatal Pneumonia
- Necrotising Enterocolitis: infection of the premature gastrointestinal system
- Neonatal seizures
- Intraventricular haemorrhage
- Patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) management and postoperative care
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Neonatal Hypoglycemia
- Intrauterine growth retardation
- Neonatal Jaundice
- Neonatal surgical conditions and postoperative care: NEC, congenital diaphragmatic hernia, duodenal webs, duodenal,jejunal atresia, tracheoesophageal fistula
- Hypoxic Ischemic encepalopathy
We are a team committed to delivering and advancing world class neonatal care in keeping with the Kings standards with the local community at heart, combining technology and medical care with the unique British way of compassionate, patient centred and family oriented approach!
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT