Dr. Mehmood Butt is a Consultant Interventional Cardiologist and the Director of Cardiac Catheter Laboratory at King’s College Hospital Dubai.
Dr Butt is a CCT certified specialist from General Medical Council in Cardiovascular Medicine and Interventional Cardiology. He received his basic and advance medical training in England and Wales and worked at World-renowned hospitals such as John Radcliffe Hospital Oxford and University Hospital Wales, Cardiff.
He specialises in:
- Radial-based approach (same day discharge) for Cardiac Cath procedures
- Multi-vessel disease management in patient where Bypass is turned down or declined.
- Intravascular lithotripsy or Shockwave therapy- Introduced at Kings College Hospital Dubai (Video Below)
- Orbital atherectomy for severe calcification in coronary artery
- Rotational Atherectomy for complex disease
- Implantation of complex cardiac devices such as pacemakers and ICDs
• FCRP – Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh
• FESC – European Society of Cardiology
• CCT – General Medical Council, UK
• KBA – British Cardiovascular Society, UK
• MD – University of Birmingham, UK
• MRCP – Royal College of Physicians of London, UK
• Dr Butt’s findings regarding Cardiac problems in sleep apnea patients was widely published and commended in international Media.
• He has Oxford book of hypertension chapters to his credits.
• He is a Tutor for Master’s Course at University of South Wales
• Dr Butt is a peer reviewer for international Journals such as Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions, Journal of Human Hypertension and Thrombosis Research.
• He is a faculty member for several International Scientific Conferences.
• General Medical Council (GMC)
• British Cardiovascular Society (BCS)
• British Cardiovascular Intervention Society (BCIS)
• Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh (RCP)
• American Heart Association (AHA)
• European Society of Cardiology (ESC)
• European Association of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Intervention (EAPCI)
• Member of European council of Hypertension
Angiogram Procedure in Dubai with Dr Mehmood Butt – Real Patient Journey
Dr Mehmood Butt demonstrates innovative Shockwave Therapy for coronary heart disease at King’s
Dr Mehmood Butt demonstrates Coronary Orbital Atherectomy for treating severely calcified at King’s
- Abushahba GA, Abujalala S, Butt MS. Treatment of Distal Left Anterior Descending Artery Perforation with Fat Embolization. Heart Views. 2016;17:159-163.
- Kinnaird T, Yazji K, Thornhill L, Butt M, Ossei-Gerning N, Choudhury A, Mitra R, Anderson R. Early clinical Experience with a polymer-free Biolimus A9 drug-coated stent in DES-type patients who are poor candidates for prolonged dual anti-platelet therapy. PLOS ONE. 2016:11(6):e0157812
- Kinnaird T, Yazji K, Thornhill L, Butt M, Ossei-Gerning N, Choudhury A, Mitra R, Anderson R. Post-Procedural Bivalirudin Infusion Following Primary PCI to Reduce Stent Thrombosis. J Interv Cardiol. 2016;29:129-136.
- Shantsila A, Shantsila E, Butt M, Khair OA, Dwivedi G, Lip GY. Ventricular- arterial coupling in obstructive sleep apnea. J Am Soc Hypertens. 2014;8:624- 629
- Shantsila A, Dwivedi G, Shantsila E, Butt M, Beevers DG, Lip GY. A comprehensive assessment of cardiac structure and function in patients with treated malignant phase hypertension: The West Birmingham Malignant Hypertension project. Int J Cardiol. 2013;167:67-72.
- Butt M, Dwivedi G, Shantsila A, Khair OA, Lip GY. Left Ventricular Systolic and Diastolic Function in Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Impact of Continuous Positive Airway Pressure Therapy. Circ Heart Fail 2012;5:226-233
- Butt M, Khair OA, Dwivedi G, Shantsila A, Shantsila E, Lip GY. Myocardial perfusion by myocardial contrast echocardiography and endothelial dysfunction in obstructive sleep apnea. 2011;58:417-724
- Shantsila A, Dwivedi G, Shantsila E, Butt M, Beevers DG, Lip GY. Persistent macrovascular and microvascular dysfunction in patients with malignant hypertension. 2011;57:490-496.
- Butt M, Dwivedi G, Blann A, Khair O, Lip GY. Endothelial Dysfunction: Methods of Assessment & Implications for Cardiovascular Diseases. Curr Pharm Des. 2010;16:3442-54
- Butt M, Dwivedi G, Khair O, Lip GY. Obstructive sleep apnea and cardiovascular disease. Int J Cardiol. 2010;139:7-16
- Butt M, Dwivedi G, Khair O, Lip GY. Assessment of endothelial function: implications for hypertension and cardiovascular disorders. Expert Rev Cardiovasc. Ther. 2009;7:561-563
- Siddique A, Butt M, Shantsila E, Lip GYH. New antiplatelet drugs: beyond Aspirin and Clopidogrel . Int J Clin Pract. 2009; 63: 776-789.
- Butt M, Connolly D, Lip GYH. Drug-eluting stents: a comprehensive appraisal. Future Cardiology. 2009; 5: 141-157.
- Butt MS, Sultan MT, Butt M, Iqbal J. Garlic: nature’s protection against physiological threats. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2009;49:538-551.
- Krishnamoorthy S, Butt M, Lip GY. Asymptomatic hypoxia in a young pregnant lady – Unusual presentation of atrial septal defect. Int J Cardiol. 2010;143:e34-6.
- Butt M, Lip GY. The Endothelium, Arterial Stiffness, and von Willebrand Factor Levels in Hypertensive Women: Effects of Ethnicity. Am J Hypertens. 2008;21:1275-1276.
- Lip GY, Butt M. Gender and the response to blood pressure-lowering treatment. Eur Heart J. 2008;29:2585-2586.
- Pusulari BB, Akbar RA, Butt M, ul Haq SM. Hypocalcemia with bony metastases in prostate cancer. J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad. 2008;20:138-139
- Moeen ul Haq S, Butt M, Ali R, Bhattacharya A. Destroying myths. Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2008; 25: 339
- Butt M, Jowett NI, Haq SM. Deep vein thrombosis prophylaxis in medical inpatients: an audit based discussion. Clin Med. 2007;7: 418-419
- Butt M, Haq Cancer related fatigue during the cancer journey. European journal of Palliative care. 2007;14: 96-102
- Sadiq-Butt M, Tahir-nadeem M, Khan MK, Shabir R, Butt MS. Oat: unique among the cereals. Eur J Nutr 2008; 47: 68–79
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT