Consultant ENT surgeon and chief of ENT, Maxillo-facial and ophthalmology, East Lancashire NHS Trust, UK. 1992 – 2010.
ENT consultant & director of Cochlear Implant Programme, King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. 2010 – 2016.
Associate Professor, Al Faisal University Medical School, Riyadh, KSA.
Early adopter of Endoscopic sinus Surgery techniques in 1992. Over 6000 FESS cases.
Provided regional service for cerebrospinal fluid leaks and angiofibromas at KFSHRC, Riyadh.
Dr. Timms has developed and published on all uses of Coblation in ENT surgery including:
- Tonsils & Adenoids
- Snoring surgery
- Nasal & sinus tumours
- Laryngeal tumours, papillomas and airway stenosis.
- CCST, Royal College of Surgeons, England, U.K.
- FRCS, Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, U.K.
- FRCS, Royal College of Surgeons, England, U.K.
Treatments & Procedures:
- Sinus surgery
- All ear surgery including cochlear implants
- Corrective rhinoplasty
- Protruding ears
- Surgery for snoring and sleep apnea
- Removal of tonsils and adenoids
- Vocal cord lesions