Dr Mohamed El Toukhy is the chronic pain management lead at King’s College Hospital London in Dubai. He trained in the United Kingdom, then practised as a consultant in Anaesthesia and pain medicine at Poole Hospital NHS foundation trust, UK.
Dr. El Toukhy is a fellow of the faculty of pain medicine, London, UK. He also gained an impressive array of qualifications, including an MBBCh, an MRCP, an FRCA and a Masters in Critical Care. Dr El Toukhy was awarded a Diploma in Pain Medicine from Cardiff university, UK.
His special interests include early diagnosis and management of acute and chronic back pain and neck pain. He specialises in interventional pain medicine with expertise in neuromodulation and radio frequency denervation.
His other areas of interest include:
- Diagnosis and management of sciatica pain
- Discogenic pain
- Diagnosis and management of neuropathic pain
- Head and face pain
- Botox injection for the treatment of chronic migraine
- Joint pain
- Complex regional pain syndrome
The following interventions are offered by the pain clinic:
- X ray guided epidural injection (caudal, lumbar, thoracic and cervical)
- Radio frequency denervation for back pain (cervical, lumbar and thoracic)
- Sacroiliac joint injection and radio frequency denervation
- Genicular nerve radio frequency denervation for chronic knee pain
- Hip joint injections and radio frequency treatment.
- Selective nerve blocks for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes
- Botox injections for migraines
- Facet joint injections
- Trigger point injections