Dr Khalid Chishti is a consultant brain and spine surgeon with more than 35 years of experience across 3 countries and one of the few Pakistani neurosurgeons in the UAE. After completing his MBBS from Dow Medical University of Karachi, Pakistan, he went to the United Kingdom in 1982 to obtain his General Surgery fellowships from Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh, and Royal College of Surgeons & Physicians Glasgow. Following that, he joined North Manchester General hospital and Booth Hall Children Hospital in Manchester, UK. He completed his training in adult and Paedriatic neurosurgery and further obtained his Intercollegiate Neurosurgery fellowship from Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh in 1989.
Following the completion of his fellowships, Dr. Chishti returned to Pakistan in 1991 and was appointed as the Head of Department of Neurosurgery as well as Senior Clinical Professor at the Aga Khan University Hospital, a highly specialized tertiary centre catering for a population of more than 20 million. As one of the few neurosurgeons in the country, he gained extensive experience in dealing with complicated adult and paedriatic cases, his expertise bringing in referrals from all over the country.
In 2008, Dr. Chishti was requested to come to Dubai and join Al Rashid Hospital as a consultant Neurosurgeon where he stayed for 5 years. Rashid hospital is known as the major trauma center of the GCC and while there, Dr Chishti handled an extensive repertoire of brain trauma cases.
Dr. Chishti’s experience includes dealing with:
- Brain tumors including meningioma, p]ituitary tumors (endoscopic transsphenoidal surgery)
- Brain hemorraghe including intracranial, subdural and extradural
- Burr hole surgery
- Arteriovenous malformations
- Hydrocephalus including 3rd ventriculostomy and Ventricuoloperitoneal shunt
- Arnold Chiari malformation
- Moya Moya disease
- Pediatric craniosynostosis
- Pediatric brain tumors
- Cranial trauma including CSF leak and skull fracture
- CNS infections
- Spinal cord tumors & metastases
- Spinal trauma and fractures
- Cervial and lumbar disc degeneration
- Spinal fixation
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT