Dr Somaya is a Family Medicine Consultant with over 20 years of experience in NHS clinics in Lincolnshire and West London. She also worked in various specialties in NHS hospitals in the UK whilst completing her training.
Her areas of expertise include:
- Acute conditions, such as chest infection, urinary tract infection ..etc
- Chronic conditions, such as hypertension, type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and migraine
- Preventable medicine and general check-ups
- Cancer screening (cervical, breast, prostate and colon)
- Musculoskeletal problems
- Causes of fatigue
- Skin conditions
- Common gynaecological problems and advice on contraception
- Depression and Anxiety
- Vaccinations and travel advice
- Smoking Cessation Programme
Dr Somaya has a Diploma in family planning and sexual health (DFSRH). She is a member of the General Medical Council, UK and continues to carry out NHS work annually to keep up to date with current healthcare practices in the UK.
She moved to the UAE with her family and worked as a Family Medicine consultant in Dubai for 6 months before joining King’s College Hospital London in Dubai.
Dr Somaya is very approachable and has the passion to care for and treat patients of all ages by following evidence-based medicine as well as the UK medical guidelines.