Dr Waleed Al-Jelawi is a well-trained German Board-Certified Consultant Internal Medicine with 3 decades of clinical experience. He completed his medical graduation in from Human medicine, University of Mosul(Iraq) medical college in the year 1991. Later in 1999 -2005 he has done internal medicine training and in 2005 he obtained German Board certification in Internal Medicine (Facharzt für Innere Medizin), from Medical Council North Rhine, Düsseldorf, Germany.
From 1999 till 2019 he worked in Germany ( St Josef hospital and St Hubertus Hospitals ,as consultant in his own private clinic and in medical center Dr Güler in cooperation with central district hospital Leverkusen,Germany.
Dr Waleed Al-Jelawi practiced medicine also in Iraq and Yemen as resident before he moved to Germany in 1998, in Saudia Arabia and in the UAE as Consultant Internal Medicine in SKMC Abu Dhabi were his recent assignments prior to his association with Kings College Hospital Dubai.
Dr Waleed Al-Jelawi is good in managing complicated medical cases including the sub specialities of Internal Medicine. He is keen in updating his knowledge regularly and always practice evidence-based medicine.
In addition to the Clinical expertise, he is academically sound and up to date and he used to be a faculty for academic assignments.
Dr Waleed Al-Jelawi is a member of the German society for internal medicine ( DGIM) and member of the German hypertension League .
Clinical expertise and services offered :
Dealing with all cases of the internal medicine weather acute or chronic preventive or curative .these services include but not limited to:
- All types of health assessments and check up
- Dealing with Symptoms like fever , cough , abdominal pain or bloating ,heartburn , Indigestion , shortness of breath , problems with urination , constipation or diarrhea, weight loss , unexplained tiredness or fatigue , headaches , weakness , burning sensations , joint pain , unusual excessive sweating …
- Disorders related to various Vitamins and supplements deficiencies like Iron, Vit D, B12 Zinc , calcium folic acid…
- Metabolic disorders like DM , Overweight , high cholesterol related conditions,high uric acid …
- Disorders of the gastrointestinal tract like Reflux , Gastritis , abdominal bloating ,IBS ,chronic constipation ….
- Infectious diseases
- Allergic disorders
- Chronic lung diseases like asthma and COPD
- Thyroid disorders
- Chronic coronary Syndrome , Heart failure
- Sexual transmitted disease
- Erectile dysfunctions.