Dr Yaser El-Gazzar is a UK trained Senior Consultant with more than 25 years’ experience in the field of Gastroenterology, hepatology and endoscopy with vast knowledge and experience both clinical and academic. He was trained in in Birmingham University Hospitals and completed his MD/ PhD research in Liver Unit at Queen Elizabeth Hospital which is one of the most reputable Liver Unit in the world with the highest number of Liver Transplantation in UK. He has been a senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) at Queen Mary University of London Medical School. He worked in many reputable hospitals across UK including Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham, Queens Hospital Greater London, King George Hospital, King’s College Hospital London and Oxford University Hospital.
Dr Yaser is highly qualified with many post graduate degrees. He has been the Chief of Endoscopy Service and the Deputy Director of Bowel Cancer Screening Programme in his Trust. He is recognised by the Royal College of Physicians as trainer, Educator and Educational supervisor. Dr El-Gazzar is a Fellow of many reputable medical bodies and organisations across the world.
He is expert in endoscopy and has performed more than 30000 procedures for both upper & lower GI endoscopies both diagnostic and therapeutic. He is one of the few Bowel Cancer Screener who achieved full accreditation in UK and performs advanced procedures in endoscopy.
Dr El-Gazzar is one of the first gastroenterologists who achieved full training and accreditation in whole bowel capsule endoscopy in the world.
• Master’s Degree (Gastroenterology)
• Doctorate Degree (PhD) Gastroenterology and Hepatology
• MRCP UK
• MRCP London
• MRCP Gastroenterology
• FESBGH (European Board in Gastroenterology & Hepatology)
• MSc Gastroenterology& Hepatology (Queen Mary, University of London)
• PGDip Medical Leadership
Membership of Professional Bodies:
• The Royal College of Physicians (London)
• General Medical Council UK
• British Society of Gastroenterology (BSG)
• European Association for the Study of Liver (EASL)
• European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ESGE)
• European Crohn’s and Colitis Organisation (ECCO)
• American Gastroenterology Association (AGA)
• Fellow of the American Gastroenterological Associations Academy of Educators
• Fellow of the Higher Education Academy UK
• Founding Member of Faculty of Medical Leadership& Management (FMLM), UK
• Advanced Endoscopic procedures diagnostic & therapeutic including minimally invasive procedures and removal of large polyps or early cancers without the need for surgery
• Bowel Cancer Screening and early detection of cancer; Dr El-Gazzar is fully accredited for bowel cancer screening in the UK, which is amongst the best and most regulated programmes worldwide
• Capsule endoscopy
• Gastrointestinal diseases
• Liver diseases including fatty liver diseases, viral hepatitis & transplantation
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT