Carboy therapy is an FDA-approved treatment that injects carbon dioxide gas into the skin to stimulate blood flow which improves the skin’s elasticity and appearance. The therapy works on the idea that by infiltrating an area with carbon dioxide, the body counteracts by sending more oxygen to that particular area. Sending more oxygen to a specific area helps eliminate built up fluid and waste between cells which improves discoloration and smoothens contours.
Concerns Treated with Carboxy Therapy
- Carboxytherapy is used to treat skin ailments such as:
- Dark eye circles
- Stretch marks
- Scarring believed to stem partially from poor blood circulation
- Acne scars
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Skin laxity
- Localized fatty deposits
Steps Involved in Carboxy Therapy Treatment
- Detailed consultation with our board-certified cosmetic dermatologist
- Before beginning the procedure, the area to be treated is cleansed and a topical numbing cream may be applied on the injection area.
- A small needle is then inserted into the subcutaneous tissue and the carbon dioxide is then diffused into the adjacent tissues.
- The C02 tricks the body into sending more oxygenated blood to the area, which improves circulation and overall appearance of the skin.
Immediately after the Carboxy Therapy Treatment it is normal for the treated area to become red and mildly bruised with a bit of swelling. The skin will also have a crackling sensation, but all these will not have a lasting cosmetic effect on your skin.
Are you a Candidate for Carboxy Therapy?
In order to qualify for Carboxy Therapy treatment, you have to fit a certain criterion, which includes:
- You should not be pregnant or breastfeeding
- Having realistic expectations
- Having the skin concerns mentioned above
- You should not have any cardiovascular problems
- Being in good physical and emotional health
- You are meticulous in the follow-up care
- You should not have any infections or skin disease on the target area
The Results You Should Expect After Carboxy Therapy
After the Carboxy therapy treatment the appearance of the skin is drastically improved as well as skin elasticity. This is due to the stimulation of the blood flow.
Frequently Asked Questions About Carboxy therapy
- How many sessions will you need?
The number of Carboxy therapy sessions depend on the severity of the skin concern you want to treat. Each case is different, so, the treatment is tailor-made to fit the patient’s needs. In most cases, the treatment requires 6 to 10 sessions for effective results. The cosmetic dermatologist will give you more information on this during your consultation.
- When will the results be visible?
This depends on the nature of your skin concern, as well as the number of sessions done. You can start seeing the results after 4 weeks onwards. Your doctor should be able to give you more information on this.
- What is the cost of Carboxy Therapy in Dubai?
The cost of the treatment is determined upon consultation with our board-certified aesthetic dermatologist. This also depends on the nature of the skin concern, the size of the target area, and the number of treatment sessions required.
- Is there any downtime after the treatment?
Just like any other treatment for the skin, you should expect some form of downtime after the treatment. There will be some degree of redness, puffiness and bruising on the target area, which should clear up within a few days.
*Results vary from case to case
Get in Touch
At Kings College Hospital Dubai, we have one of the leading cosmetic dermatologists in the region. Our medical experts are board-certified and focus on the safety and care of every patient in a compassionate environment with state-of-the-art facilities. To book a consultation, get in touch using the contact details given, and one of our patient-care staff will book an appointment for you.