About the COVID – 19 PCR Test in Dubai at King’s
PCR test results will be available in up to 24 hours, after the test is conducted.
NOTICE: For patients travelling to Hong Kong or Japan requiring a ISO certification with their PCR test results. Please note the turnaround time for this is 24 hours.
You can receive the COVID 19 PCR Test in Dubai – the only test approved by local and international health authorities to confirm the diagnosis of covid – 19 at any of our locations:
- Dubai Hills Hospital(07:00am-22:00pm)
- Dubai Marina Medical Centre (8AM till 8PM),
- Jumeriah Medical Centre(8AM-8PM).
The PCR test, which is short for Polymerase Chain Reaction, is currently the only type of test approved by the local and international health authorities to confirm the diagnosis of Covid-19 infection. The test is conducted through a nasal swab.
1) Jumeirah, Dubai Marina
- COVID testing by walk-in available
* Please note for walk-in’s there maybe a waiting time. Last patient will be taken at 7:30PM in Jumeirah and 7:30PM in Dubai Marina.
* ANY GROUP OF 5 MEMBERS OR MORE ARE REQUIRED TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR THEIR PCR TEST BEFOREHAND AT BOTH CLINICS. GROUP WALK-INS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
2) Drive-through Testing in Dubai Hills
Drive-through COVID PCR testing from the comfort of your car.
Test are completed on a cash/card payment basis.
PCR test for AED150.
To book a PCR test or for more information, complete the form below or call 04 247 7792.
Frequently Asked Questions | COVID-19 PCR Testing
What is a COVID PCR test?
The COVID PCR test, which is short for Polymerase Chain Reaction, is the only type of COVID testing approved by local and international health authorities to confirm the presence of Covid-19 infection. The test is conducted through a nasal swab.
How much does the COVID-19 PCR test cost?
At King’s College Hospital London in Dubai, the cost of a PCR test is currently AED 150, for both adults and children. Prices may differ in different medical facilities as well as testing centres.
Are there any side effects of a PCR test?
Currently there is no medical evidence to suggest that a PCR test causes any side effects to both children and adults.
Where does one go for a PCR test?
PCR testing is usually done at drive-throughs, hospitals, clinics, and other centres appointed by the leading health authorities in your area. At King’s College Hospital London in Dubai, PCR tests are done at our main hospital – inside the outpatient department, at the drive-through tent, and at our Dubai Marina and Jumeirah medical centres.
How long does it take to get the results after a PCR test?
The turnaround of a COVID PCR test currently is up to 24 hours.
Can children have a PCR test?
Yes, children can also have a PCR test to check is they are carrying the virus. The test use to diagnose COVID-19 in adults it’s the same one used in children.
Is a PCR test painful?
The PCR test, which is performed through a nasal swab to collect a sample of mucous, is not painful, but it can have some degree of discomfort when it’s being done.
Who should be tested for COVID?
The PCR test is recommended for anyone who has symptoms of COVID-19, which is also dependent on the health authority’s recommendations of where you are. Other reasons why you should be tested include:
- If you have come in contact with anyone who has the virus
- If you plan on travelling – before travelling, and immediately after arrival
- If you are a frontline worker
- If you need to be cleared for work
- If you need any form of medical procedure, whether elective or non-elective
Oops! We could not locate your form.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT