King’s Fatty Liver Disease Programme (Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease)
1 in 3 Adults are affected by Fatty Liver disease (Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease) in the UAE, which really poses the risk of it becoming a pandemic.
There are several risk factors such as diabetes and metabolic syndrome that have a close link to fatty liver. As it can take 10-15 years to develop severe liver damage, it’s imperative to take action now, especially in younger people diagnosed with fatty liver.
King’s Fatty Liver Programme is built on three basic principles:
- Cost effectively addressing the local population need
- Providing an evidence based multi-speciality environment
- Close links to high quality research collaborating with local and international partners
Our team consists of Hepatologists, Endocrinologists, Bariatric specialists, Dietitians and physiotherapists, along with the support of Family Medicine and Internal Medicine doctors.
We have developed bespoke evidence based programme that factors in age, BMI, ethnicity and many other risk factors to determine the best course of treatment whether that be medical management, life style changes, or bariatric surgery.
To support out programme we have developed a cost-effective screening package combining a consultation with a Consultant Gastroenterologist, an Ultrasound scan of the liver (Fibroscan) and essential laboratory tests.
ESSENTIAL LIVER CHECK-UP PACKAGE PRICE – AED 1,200 (NORMAL PRICE AED 5,000)
- Consultation with Consultant Gastroenterologist
- Blood Count Complete Auto & Auto Differential WBC
- Hepatic Function Panel
- Assay of Insulin Total
- Glucose Quantitative Blood XCPT Reagent Strip
- Lipid Panel
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT