Same day, 15 minute minimally invasive procedure for grade 1-3 hemorrhoids / piles. Same day discharge with minimal pain
The Rafaelo® procedure is a fairly new minimally invasive treatment that drastically reduces, and even totally eliminates common symptoms of internal hemorrhoids (also known as piles). The Rafaelo® procedure uses radiofrequency technology, which has been modified and adapted for a more focused treatment of hemorrhoids. King’s College Hospital London UAE is one hospital in Dubai that offers this treatment procedure.
Causes of Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids occur due to the enlargement of veins around the anus. There are several factors that cause this, including:
- Chronic constipation
- Heavy lifting
- Sitting for too long
Symptoms of Hemorrhoids
Some of the common symptoms of Hemorrhoids include:
- Depending of the size of the hemorrhoid, or grade, one can experience severe pain and soreness on the area
- Itching and irritation around the anus area
- A hard lump/bulge on the location of the hemorrhoid (in or outside the anus)
- Swelling of the anus
- Painless bleeding
Treatment of Hemorrhoids with the Rafaelo® procedure
Although there are many ways of alleviating hemorrhoids, both at-home, non-surgical and surgical, sometimes additional clinical care is needed, depending on the severity, or grade of the hemorrhoids. This is where the Rafaelo® procedure for hemorrhoids treatment comes in.
How the Rafaelo® procedure works
As mentioned, the Rafaelo® procedure involves the use of radiofrequency laser and is considered above all the traditional treatments of hemorrhoids. It focuses on the treatment of Grade 1 to Grade 3 internal hemorrhoids.
During the treatment, a special needle probe is inserted into the cushion of the hemorrhoid whereby the radiofrequency laser energy is applied. This then restricts the hemorrhoid’s blood supply, which causes it to necrose and eventually detach.
How long does the Rafaelo® procedure take?
The treatment is a day case procedure, which means you’ll be discharged on the same day without staying overnight. It typically takes about 15 minutes to perform under local anesthesia. In some instances, some patients prefer to take a mild sedative or general anesthesia.
Is the procedure painful?
Most people who have undergone the Rafaelo® procedure usually report very minimal pain or discomfort. The downtime of the procedure is also very minimal.
Benefits of the Rafaelo® procedure
- It is a day case treatment procedure
- It is minimally invasive
- It takes less than an hour from start to finish
- It has minimal downtime
- The resulting discomfort is minimal
Why You Should Choose King’s College Hospital Dubai for your hemorrhoid’s treatment?
- Our board certified and experienced doctors are the best in their field and have experience in the latest techniques of haemorrhoids treatment.
- At King’s College Hospital, we have state-of-the-art facilities, and use the latest and minimally invasive techniques to achieve faster healing with minimal downtime.
At King’s College Hospital London Dubai, we focus on patient care, and safety in a compassionate environment. Get in touch to book your consultation.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT