Laser hemorrhoids treatment is a minimally invasive procedure that uses laser energy to treat different grades of hemorrhoids, hence relieving the uncomfortable symptoms associated with the condition. Laser treatment for hemorrhoids takes less than 15 minutes and doesn’t comprise any form of cutting tissue off or stiches.
We understand for patients hemorrhoids can be a sensitive topic. King’s team includes a Female Doctor for hemorrhoids laser treatment.
Causes of Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids occur due to the enlargement of veins around the anus. There are several factors that cause this, including:
- Chronic constipation
- Heavy lifting
- Sitting for too long
Symptoms of Hemorrhoids
Some of the common symptoms of Hemorrhoids include:
- Depending of the size of the hemorrhoid, or grade, one can experience severe pain and soreness on the area
- Itching and irritation around the anus area
- A hard lump/bulge on the location of the hemorrhoid (in or outside the anus)
- Swelling of the anus
- Painless bleeding
Treatment of Hemorrhoids with Laser
Although there are many ways of alleviating hemorrhoids, both at-home, non-surgical and surgical, sometimes additional clinical care is needed, depending on the severity, or grade of the hemorrhoids. This is where King’s College Hospital uses laser to treat hemorrhoids with the goal of either making the hemorrhoid disappear, or drastically reduce its size by shrinking it. There are two types of laser hemorrhoids treatment, which include:
- Endolaser ablation: Here the laser fiber delivers laser energy into the hemorrhoidal mass causing it to collapse.
- Surface Laser Application: For this laser technique, the energy is delivered on the surface of the hemorrhoidal mass.
How laser hemorrhoids treatment works
The laser treatment for hemorrhoids is one of the most effective minimally invasive hemorrhoid treatments that achieves results without cutting any tissues off. The treatments can be used for different internal hemorrhoids grades.
During the treatment, a special needle probe or fiber with a blunt hot tip is inserted into the cushion of the hemorrhoid whereby the laser energy is applied. This then restricts the hemorrhoid’s blood supply, which causes the hemorrhoidal mass to close, die and detach.
How long does the laser hemorrhoids treatment procedure take?
The treatment is a day case procedure, which means you’ll be discharged on the same day without staying overnight. It typically takes less than 15 minutes to perform under local anesthesia. In some instances, some patients prefer to take a mild sedative to relax during the procedure.
Is the procedure painful?
Most people who have undergone laser hemorrhoids treatment usually report very minimal pain or discomfort after the treatment. The downtime of the procedure is also very minimal considering there is no cutting or tissue removing involved
Why You Should Choose King’s College Hospital Dubai for your hemorrhoid’s treatment?
- Our board certified and experienced doctors are the best in their field and have experience in the latest techniques of haemorrhoids treatment.
- At King’s College Hospital, we have state-of-the-art facilities, and use the latest and minimally invasive techniques to achieve faster healing with minimal downtime.
At King’s College Hospital London Dubai, we focus on patient care, and safety in a compassionate environment. Get in touch to book your consultation.