The Liver Care Program at Kings College Hospital London in Dubai now offers expert services for the comprehensive management of liver, biliary tract and pancreatic diseases in both adults and children.
The following services are available at our hospital as part of the Liver Care Program.
- Management of adults suffering from Liver Diseases: Evaluation and management of patients with acute and hepatitis B, hepatitis C, fatty liver disease, autoimmune liver disease, jaundice, cirrhosis, portal hypertension and liver failure.
- Management of children suffering from Liver Diseases: Evaluation and management of newborns, infants and children with jaundice and liver problems. We offer complete metabolic work-up, genetic testing and liver biopsy.
- Assessment and treatment of patients suffering from cancer of the liver, gallbladder, bile duct and pancreas, neuroendocrine tumors and cystic tumors of the pancreas.
- Counselings and assessment for Liver Transplantation: Counselings and complete assessment of patients requiring liver transplantation is available at our center. Complete evaluation of potential living donors can be done. We co-ordinate care with our transplant program at Kings College Hospital in London.
- Post-Liver Transplant Medical Care: We have transplant herpetologists in our team who provide with post-transplant long-term medical care of patients already undergone liver transplantation as well as management of rejection and metabolic problems after transplantation.
- Liver Intensive Care (ICU) Service: Our intensive care unit is managed by an intensivists experienced in managing liver patients. We take care of patients with acute liver failure and decompensated cirrhosis.
- Endoscopy and ERCP for Bile duct and pancreatic problems: We offer ERCP for complex biliary and pancreatic cases as well as for post liver transplant biliary problems.
- Liver Imaging (CT scan, MRI and Liver Elastography): We have Liver Elastography, an test that helps detect early forms of liver disease. It is a non-invasive, quick and simple test that works using ultrasound technology and gives an immediate result. Elastography is not considered essential for patients suffering from fatty liver disease or any other form of chronic hepatitis. It helps the patient and doctor know exactly how much of the liver is damaged. It obviates the need for a liver biopsy in a significant number of patients.
- Liver Pathology: We perform percutaneous liver biopsies on adults and children and offer dedicated pathology reporting in coordination with King’s College Hospital in London, UK. Slides of Liver biopsy done elsewhere can also be sent to us for a second opinion.
- Metabolic and Genetic Testing for Liver Diseases: Through our partners, we offer a complete range of advanced testing for liver diseases. This also includes genomic testing with whole-exome and whole-genome sequencing. For paediatric patients, complete range of metabolic testing is available. The genetic and metabolic tests are extremely important for detailed evaluation of liver disease where the exact cause is not known on routine testing.
Patients suffering from the following conditions can seek opinions from our experts at the Liver Care Program at Kings College Hospital in Dubai.
- Chronic hepatitis
- Cirrhosis and portal hypertension
- Recurrent jaundice
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Hepatitis B and C
- Autoimmune liver disease
- Fatty liver disease
- Pregnant ladies with liver disease
- Liver, pancreatic and bile duct cancers
- Patients considering liver transplantation
- Pancreatic diseases – pancreatitis, pancreas cancer, neuroendocrine tumors
- Newborns, infants, and children with jaundice and liver disease
- Post liver transplant patients for regular follow-up
BOOK AN APPOINTMENTs